Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrskullfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
michigan north detroit
Bought a galaxy s3 for my daughter for xmas I have been playing with it and setting it up for her.
And wow this thing is awesome the screen is so much better then my ip5.

I added all her itunes music to the s3 with ease.
Also paired it to my mac and transferred some pics.

After looking at this screen for a few days I really want a s3 too.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
Your daughter is going to have a wonderful Christmas present. I agree with you, the S3 is a superb phone. Many congratulations to your daughter for when she gets her present.:)

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Yeah samsung did a great job with the s3. Huge improvement over the 2 and lots of great and actually useful features. The screen is gorgeous as well.

mankar4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2007
USA
Are you able to use goSMS or another third party texting app to integrate with ios group messages from your iphone?

mrskullfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
michigan north detroit
What a great Christmas present. How'd you decide on getting an S3 for your daughter?

Well she has a ip4 8g and always says theres not enough space on it.
She wanted the new iPod but I didnt want to buy a ipod when the ip4 does the same as the iPod.

So I thought about upgrading her phone for a few weeks and researched a few and decided to get the gs3.

I cant stop playing with it lol
I really dont have to zoom at all to read on it, sense I am on my ip5 a lot not zooming is a great advantage..

Also picked up a jbl wireless mini speaker for her to, Along with whatever my wife bought for her.

My 7 year old I picked up a mini ipad and a pink surviver case for it along with a ton of barbie crap lol.
This is my first ipad and I want one of those now to lol..

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Well she has a ip4 8g and always says theres not enough space on it.
She wanted the new iPod but I didnt want to buy a ipod when the ip4 does the same as the iPod.

So I thought about upgrading her phone for a few weeks and researched a few and decided to get the gs3.

I cant stop playing with it lol
I really dont have to zoom at all to read on it, sense I am on my ip5 a lot not zooming is a great advantage..

Also picked up a jbl wireless mini speaker for her to, Along with whatever my wife bought for her.

My 7 year old I picked up a mini ipad and a pink surviver case for it along with a ton of barbie crap lol.
This is my first ipad and I want one of those now to lol..

Shes definitely gonna notice the huge speed difference and the nicer screen. I think she'll be really happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.