Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applecultvictim

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
...For years...

I just googled today and found a "Show options" link on the top left, that when you press on it you see the following choices from top to bottom on the left of the screen:

All results
Videos
Forums
Reviews
› Any time
Recent results
Past 24 hours
Past week
Past year
› Standard results
Images from the page
More text
Standard view
Related searches
Wonder wheel
› Timeline
Reset options

THAT'S UNBELIEVABLY GREAT!!!:D:D:cool::cool:

How many times have you searched and you only wanted forum posts or reviews? Amongst other things....

How cool is the timeline option also...

This is by far the most useful thing in navigating the web in a long...long time...

Some of these changes of course, like the time search were there in the advanced options but this interface is by far easier and helpful.

iphonerain

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2009
I didn't notice it until I read this review - my eyes sort of just darted off to where it usually looks (searching pages and pages til I find what I need). Good eye!

applecultvictim

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
I didn't notice it until I read this review - my eyes sort of just darted off to where it usually looks (searching pages and pages til I find what I need). Good eye!

Thanks buddy, I too don't notice things easily, don't know what happened this time, I think I have kinda retained my vision due to stubbornly denying the glassy screens I guess :D:D:D but I think I will soon cave in to an imac. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.