wow, how did this happen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by natwii60, Mar 15, 2008.

1. natwii60 macrumors newbie

i just charged my phone and 13 hours later its at 20% 3 hours usage, 10 hours standby. wow, i really dont think its normal. How can i convince the apple genius that i have a faulty phone because im chargeing it again right now. i have an appointment tommorrow?

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

charge it now and when you have your appointment, show them your usage stats-- should give them an idea of your battery life

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Just tell them your story. From what I've heard, they're pretty understanding about that type of stuff and will give you a new one.

I actually have scheduled an appointment for Monday to try and get myself a new one. I've been using mine since July, but just recently it's started locking up randomly when I try to unlock it, and sometimes I'll get text messages that show up in the blue alert box, but then don't appear in the conversation. The most annoying thing of it all, though, is that the speaker volume is between 1/2 and 3/4 as loud as on some of my friends' iPhones.

4. natwii60 thread starter macrumors newbie

this is my fourth iphone and i have been to apple store quite a few times. any suggestions on KEYWORDS to say so they are convinved there is a problem?

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

The battery meter can be troublesome. After a full charge, run the battery down until the iPhone dies then charge to full again. Don't just go by the meter because it is known to be inaccurate.

6. natwii60 thread starter macrumors newbie

tried that many times already, oddly enough if the battery is inaccurate it will then become accurate. like home icon is different that setting screen icon but after a while they will be sychronized after 50%. i know my battery icons are accurate because i have all i can like restore and resets and it still the same.

7. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

This being your fourth phone and all can you review what and how you are using the phone?
    I would say it would be extremely rare for someone to go through 4 phones because of problems.

Have they all had battery problems?

8. natwii60 thread starter macrumors newbie

My previous phones didn't have battery problems but had touch screen problems and LCD screen problems. Those phones had excellent battery life which it would last at least 5 days with more than 6 hours of usage. This one is only lasting me 1 day with 3 hours usage.