WOW! Huge Leopard Bug!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by juanm, Dec 7, 2007.

1. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Hi everybody

My iMac is misbehaving!

The screen is zoomed in and whenever I click somewhere, it's like it double-clicks or something, so I can't really launch anything.

For instance, I can't repair permissions because I can't even launch Spotlight or open the utilities folder.

I have limited access to the iMac via screen sharing on my MacBook Pro, but haven't got any results yet. I'll post a screenshot later.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Sounds like you have screen zooming turned on.

System Preferences > Universal Access > Zoom:

The other problems I have no idea.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

4. juanm thread starter macrumors 65816

juanm

So this is a screenshot of screen sharing on my laptop, where you can see how his bug looks like on the iMac.

[​IMG]

I've tried shutting the computer off, but after restarting, it keeps doing that.

I'd like to try repairing permissions from my other session. When I launch the computer, it opens by default this buggy session. Is there a shortcut or any other way to make it ask my which session I want to open?

5. juanm thread starter macrumors 65816

juanm

Thanks, I know what screen zooming is... :eek:
    But it wasn't zoomed in when I left it. Five minutes later, it was, and it looked like this.

No suspicious pages open when it happened, I think I had Facebook opened on safari and maybe Macrumors and one or two Finder windows.

UPDATE: SOLVED!

A new definition of user mistake... :D

I have a Bluetooth keyboard in my bedroom (the iMac is in the living room) I use with my MBP and I put something on it, continuously pressing several keys... That's it! Now it won't happen again

6. coolg35748 macrumors newbie

Heh, I love when very complicated problems are solved so simply!:D

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Sounds like its about time to pair the keyboard.

8. juanm thread starter macrumors 65816

juanm

I thought It was paired only to the laptop, but I forgot a couple months ago I paired it to the iMac because I had taken the slimmer keyboard away with me.
    The keyboard is usually upstairs, too far for Bluetooth, so I didn't realize until yesterday.

Thanks for your support. It was actually zoomed in, indeed, and all the artifacts ad unresponsiveness were caused by the second keyboard... :p