Wow, is 4.2.1 this bad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iluvifone, Jan 15, 2011.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

I've been using my iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 since I got it in the summer, and I updated to 4.2.1 yesterday. When I went to go sleep last night, I noticed my phone had 97% battery charge, so I decided not to charge it overnight.

When I woke up this morning (slept for 8 hours), the battery was down to 47%!!!!!!!!!!! W T F is all that came out of my mouth. How?!?!

I haven't jailbroken it yet or installed anything crazy, and the only app i had open (according to the multitasking window at the bottom) was Photos.

What do i do?!?!?

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

reset all your settings because that is NOT normal.

3. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

did you restore from a backup? or did you set up as new phone and then sync all your data?

4. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

I haven't synced anything yet!! I set it up fresh because I was using my brothers laptop last night, but wow.. I charged it up to 100% since i woke up, and its been sitting on my desk for ~20 mins, and it's already down to 93% lol.. wow

5. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Yeah, this isn't normal by any means. I'd reset everything, make sure you have bluetooth, location services, etc. all turned off.
    I can leave mine up with bluetooth running all day and not lose 7%.

Maybe try to restore it again.

6. adztaylor macrumors 68000

That is by no means normal, I lose about 3-4% overnight.

7. astrorider macrumors 6502

Some kind of background process is all I can think of. Did you recently install a new app that uses location services, background audio, or VOIP? For navigation apps, you get that little icon in the upper right corner to let you know something's running in the background. I wish that would also be present for VOIP, too, but it doesn't seem to work that way yet.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

9. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Skype and other certain processes in the background chews up my battery like that... went to work and it was in its 40s when i finished.. one day i had skype off and listened to podcast for about an hour and battery was at 93% when i had finished that day :D