WoW issues.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by BigD58, Jan 17, 2009.

1. BigD58 macrumors regular

Okay so i currently own the new 2.4ghz unibody MBP with 4gb of ddr3. When i play world of warcraft i sometimes get weird dips in fps, especially in areas such as zangermarsh where i only get about 23 and low as 7. Is it my mac or is it wow. Am i just expecting too much? I have most of the graphics turned up high but even when i turn them down i dont notice much difference. Any help would be appreciated.

-DK-

2. 3FLryan macrumors newbie

First off, have you enabled the better graphics card? (system preferences-->energy saver-->set graphics to "higher performance")

Second of all, I'm not sure even the new pros with the better graphics card active is speedy enough to run wow smoothly with all high settings.

When I play, I have about half the settings on high and half the settings on low and it runs just fine, sometimes with a few hiccups in org. And I'm not even using the better card. Once, I enabled the better card and turned everything up to high, but was getting like 15-20 fps running around ghostlands so I turned stuff down.

Hope this helps some.

(EDIT: I only have 2 gb ram)

3. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Be sure you disable Multisampling or Fullscreen glow, they doesnt work very well togheter

4. egg88 macrumors newbie

you have to realize zang is a REALLY flat place so if you have that far sighted thing enabled it renders everything in sight so there are no mountains that block your view etc etc, just turn your distance sight to the lowest because thats really for just having a pretty experience,

5. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

There are a lot of steam pockets in Zangermarsh and if Spell Detail is turned all the way up, your FPS can take a major dive when you come across one.

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Make sure you're running off of your discrete graphics card and not the integrated one.