wow..I've finally fixed my dead strip on my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kemar7856, Apr 20, 2009.

1. kemar7856 macrumors newbie

I had this problem for about 2 month and I checked all over the web for a solution no luck.I even tried restoring the phone but nothing worked.

first this is how it was i'm on firmware 2.2.1 jailbroken and yes the problem still there even after I use the offical firmware

[​IMG]
    the 456 button were not responsive
    [​IMG]

but then I read online that on the old 1.1-1.3 (2g iphone) firmwares people had the option of changing their sensitivity on their iphones. yes it gone but using ssh I was able to add the option into my iphone again

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you see the touch option not their in the new firmware but can be added

[​IMG]
    the first time turned it up all the way and then re sprang the phone and this happened

[​IMG]
    the 456 worked!!! but the 123 stopped working after that
    so naturally I suspected that this is not a hardware error but more of a software error

to I went into settings reset my setting to factory
    [​IMG]
    I went back to the touch settings played with it and now the entire phone works
    [​IMG]
    except for one thing on the icon page the 2nd row wasn't working but I changed the touch settings to 0.7 then in ssh made some edits to the general lists and wrote a new line and now the phone works perfect

**EDIT CPJR - Link not allowed. If you'd like to upload the actual file, that will do.**

in case no one believes my firmware
    [​IMG]
    general list file is here
    http://rapidshare.com/files/65106710/General.plist.html

2. kemar7856 thread starter macrumors newbie

forgot to mention that the touch option will not be there on your phone unless u add the general.list file in ssh first under applications/preferences after that u can change your touch options...I tried this one on a 2g iphone but if u have a 3g u should still have warranty and might as well do that instead.:D but i'm sure it still works for it.the extra stuff I did on the general file is harder to do because its encrypted and depends on what settings ur touch is on but other then that the touch changes should work.

3. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

wow, im glad your phone works again! hopefully people who have the same issue can find this guide.

4. parksjr macrumors newbie

What about for mac users

do you know if I'll be able to do this on mac or have any suggestions?:apple:

5. YUNGABEATS macrumors newbie

help!!!!

Ive replaced the glist with the one your provided and used others...also added a touch.plist from another post..but still nothing pops...no touch slider..any of that

I have 2.2.1...iphone 2g..

Any ideas...and yes its jailbroken and all of that!!

PLzz Help!

Thanks

6. N3ROST4R macrumors newbie

okay im confused

i was just wondering if anyone could help me i would like to try this cause im having almost the same issue. but i have a mac? anyone know? thank you

7. kemar7856 thread starter macrumors newbie

it does'nt matter if ur using mac or windows u only need ssh which both os have

8. kemar7856 thread starter macrumors newbie

what directly did u place the files in

9. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

iiii kinda think you are stirring up false hope for kids who dropped their iPhone and the screen stopped working

10. kemar7856 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess so LOL this is for iphone's that suddenly stopped working in a area across the screen

11. ripbuster macrumors newbie

help

can you tell me step by step how you fixed your phone i have the exact same problem and i cant figure out what to do i downloaded the winscp and i dont know where to go after that

12. ripbuster macrumors newbie

you said the second row icon didn't work and you made the touch .07 and edited the ssh in general plist file.what did you change to make your second row icons works?

13. Wormwb macrumors newbie

touch option

can this be done for a 2g on 3.1.3