Wow... Job at Apple dealership!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Skeletal-dæmon, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

So... I got employed by my local Apple Authorised Retailer. Awesome! I needed a job to help me pay for university so I just kept popping in every so often until a job opened up and then grabbed it :D

I get training too to service the machines and stuff, cause I'm mainly good with software and don't have the foggiest about how to actually connect the CPU, GPU, RAM and everything else together.

Damn I'm excited! :D:D:D

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Congrats, what sort of perks do you get right off the bat?

3. Skeletal-dæmon thread starter macrumors 6502

Not entirely sure. I'm not expecting any perks really, its just a small dealership and service office but I get evaluated on my skills and paid accordingly apparently which sounds good! :cool:

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's exciting to hear. I'm getting ready to make the leap from graduate school, and was considering one of the local (6) Apple Stores here in the San Francisco Bay Area, but I'm being heavily recruited by Comcast Cable in San Francisco, CA, USA as an HR Training/Development Manager. I'm wondering if Apple has similar benefits?

5. Skeletal-dæmon thread starter macrumors 6502

I wouldn't know, I'm unfamiliar with Comcast, though it sounds similar to Virgin Media on this side of the Pond, and yeah I know a few people who get mega benefits from being Virgin employees.

From the Apple UK Jobs website generally you get a range of jobs popping up from HR through marketing to checkout clerks and you can just leap into a level that suits you, which sounds fun.

On the other hand I'm gonna be working as a grunt in sales and repairs and I don't really mind either of them at all, its the experience that counts. And the paycheque... I need to eat at some point :p

If I'm honest I don't really care for perks. I get to handle some of the finest computers in the world. I haven't told my parents (hi Mam if you're reading, which I doubt 'cause you're a Dell Fiend) but my backup plan if I make a mess of uni is to go work for Apple anyway :D