Wow, just discovered AT&T screwed up my order!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RickMC, Sep 19, 2014.

1. RickMC macrumors member

I began to get concerned on Tueday when my order info on att.com couldn't be found. I had ordered a 6 Plus right when preorders started. Yet my order disappeared from their website whenever I would check. I must have spoke to at least 20 reps who said everything was fine and that my order was in their system. I even got the text saying my order was processed. No one could explain to me why my order wouldn't show on my account on their site. Just a few minutes ago I called AT&T and this rep actually did more digging and found out that whoever processed my order didn't complete the process with running my new credit card (I had to call shortly after preorder because my original card had issues). So the rep never ran the new card and it still used the original card which had insufficient funds....yet at the time I was told the new card went through! The order was just sitting there open with action required from me....YET THEY NEVER CONTACTED ME TO TELL ME THERE WAS ANOTHER ISSUE!

So I gave this rep I was speaking to tonight the correct card info and she ran it and I immediately got a hold put on my account...which I originally never had. Soon after I checked the order status page and there it was....except now it shows my order date as today with an estimated shipping of 11/07-11/29!! Just awesome. Why did I even bother waking up last Friday to preorder? I can't believe its now showing my order date as 9/19. AT&T really screwed up. It's ridiculous how only ONE of the probably 20 different reps I talked to could figure out something was wrong with my order.

So, even though I placed my original order at 3:09 am est last Friday, looks like I have to wait til November. Man I hate AT&T. Do you think there's any chance my shipping dates could move up?

2. bryancee macrumors regular

I heard Apple is doing reserves certain time each day for pick up next day. Just a rumor of course but may be worth looking at.

3. RickMC thread starter macrumors member

I guess I could also cancel my order since it now appears to be "new" and then just go through Apple. Surely their estimates can't be November also right? F!&$ AT&T!

Im just worried if I cancel I'll have some other issue with my upgrade eligibility not being restored.

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Had an almost identical issue with AT&T as well where I pre-ordered in the beginning but they messed up my CC charges. Moral of the story is ALWAYS order from Apple.

5. RickMC thread starter macrumors member

Yep next time I will go through Apple. Chat rep just told me my order is still on schedule from the original 14-21 business days yet online tells me 11/09-11/27. I don't understand how I can be getting such conflicting info.