Wow! Loewe AirSpeaker

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by David Menzel, Apr 7, 2012.

1. David Menzel macrumors member

I just coincidentally stumbled over Loewe's AirSpeaker with AirPlay technology and was very impressed. What a beautiful but not very cheap speaker.

http://www.loewe.tv/int/products/airspeaker/airspeaker.html

What are your thoughts about the speakers?
    Or is here someone who already bought this speakers and can tell us/me something about the quality?

2. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Looks incredible. Saw it priced for 700 pounds or whatever. Screw that :). The iHome iW2 is only $200, looks nice.

3. David Menzel thread starter macrumors member

Oh yes, this is a huge difference between the two systems. Did you buy the iHome iW2 speaker? And if yes, how is the sound quality?

4. ORBerlin macrumors newbie

LOEWE Airplay - a big disappointment

The design of the product is very very appealing.

Sadly everything else is just disappointing. The installation process was so user unfriendly - I ask myself why LOEWE have not got round to producing modern plug and play products and in the very least installation booklets "a la" apple - to make life easy.

Anyhow - the signal IS CONSTANTLY DROPPING - with an an airport express at home too linked up to my stereo system - the preformance can be measured:

- Aiport express linked up to normal speakers is the way to go !
    - Wish I had never gone with the LOEWE airspeakers as they are constanly dropping songs, connections ect...

Then it takes ages to reboot the whole speaker to try to get a connection again....FRUSTRATING and very very disappointing.

My advice - find another solution, I think the airpot express solution with normal speakers, work great in comparison.

LOEWE - sadly this is the last product I am buying with you - was going to get a TV too, but after this no way !

5. Mac Fly (film) macrumors 65816

Mac Fly (film)

I have the exact same issues. Apple sent me a replacement unit, to avoid giving me a refund, but the new unit is just as unreliable as the first unit.

6. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

I second that. It's the most flexible solution on the market IMO. And the original Airport Express is such a convenient design, anyone in the market for an in home Airplay solution should consider picking them up while its still availble in clearance - and cheap!

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB321LL/A/refurbished-airport-express-base-station-with-80211n-and-airtunes

I bought a spare at that price in the event I lose one of the two I use in the house.