Wow MBPr - I didn't realize (the wait begins)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xkmxkmxlmx, Jun 11, 2013.

1. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

Apr 28, 2011
    I currently own a 2011 MBA and was all set to pull the trigger on a new haswell 13 for that sweet, sweet battery life.

The MBPr was never really on my radar as it seemed to initially be plagued by a few of that early adopter issues. Plus, I just love my MBA.

But before I placed an order today, I decided to make a trip to the Apple store and mess around with a MBPr to see if I would like it or not.

I was blown away! What an amazing device! That screen, that design, everything.

I was set to buy one there and then, but I think I am going to wait for a haswell version now. Unless someone can talk me out of that ;)

Anyway, no real question or issue. I just wanted to say that the MBPr 13 is amazing and I can't wait for the upgrade!
  2. mentalcase macrumors member

Jun 25, 2007
    I bought the 15" version about 2 weeks ago and love it. My machine already gets 6 and a half hours of battery life, which is fine for me. But if you are more mobile then I am the added life from Haswell might be worth it. Also the 13" will be getting a graphics upgrade as well.

But it may be months before these new machines are announced yet released and the current versions are still impressive beasts. I don't regret my purchase one bit. Btw go refurbished. You'll save a decent amount.
  3. JSalig macrumors 6502

Oct 30, 2010
    In the same spot with my 2011 MBA. I would buy a rMBP now but even if there's only about a couple of hours of extra battery life with Haswell, for me it's worth waiting a few more months. Not like my MBA is gonna die soon.
  4. collinmac macrumors member

Apr 14, 2006
    Chilliwack, BC
    seeing the screen in person is what did it for me.

love it!
  5. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Dec 13, 2012
    Why bother waiting, get one now, at least a refurb. Got 13" base model refurb a few weeks ago for my wife $250 less that new. Its a ripper, not much different than my 2013 15" MBPr.