Wow MBPr - I didn't realize (the wait begins)

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
I currently own a 2011 MBA and was all set to pull the trigger on a new haswell 13 for that sweet, sweet battery life.

The MBPr was never really on my radar as it seemed to initially be plagued by a few of that early adopter issues. Plus, I just love my MBA.

But before I placed an order today, I decided to make a trip to the Apple store and mess around with a MBPr to see if I would like it or not.

I was blown away! What an amazing device! That screen, that design, everything.

I was set to buy one there and then, but I think I am going to wait for a haswell version now. Unless someone can talk me out of that ;)

Anyway, no real question or issue. I just wanted to say that the MBPr 13 is amazing and I can't wait for the upgrade!

mentalcase

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
I bought the 15" version about 2 weeks ago and love it. My machine already gets 6 and a half hours of battery life, which is fine for me. But if you are more mobile then I am the added life from Haswell might be worth it. Also the 13" will be getting a graphics upgrade as well.

But it may be months before these new machines are announced yet released and the current versions are still impressive beasts. I don't regret my purchase one bit. Btw go refurbished. You'll save a decent amount.

JSalig

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2010
In the same spot with my 2011 MBA. I would buy a rMBP now but even if there's only about a couple of hours of extra battery life with Haswell, for me it's worth waiting a few more months. Not like my MBA is gonna die soon.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
Why bother waiting, get one now, at least a refurb. Got 13" base model refurb a few weeks ago for my wife $250 less that new. Its a ripper, not much different than my 2013 15" MBPr.