Wow Moviepro is seriously good..

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlKsDOTQmAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi_3nly_JdI

Just watch this video, and watch how a iPhone 6 recording at 3k with noticeably higher bit rate is able to take noticably sharper videos then the Note 3 at higher resolution at 4k with lower bit rate.. im honestly absolutely astonished at how good Moviepro looks, can shoot at 3k with a ridiculously high bit rate for some phenominal footage

Daiphoneboss

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2015
So i been testing the app out, i had procam 2 at first which was good too , but wow Moviepro is just alot better , you can even shoot uncompressed stereo audio which is honestly awesome.

Shooting at 3k resolution with about 50 mbps bit rate, 16 seconds of video is about 265 MB's # eats up data like a mofo but such pure awesome quality

Comment

Daiphoneboss

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2015
Can also change cameras during recording and absolutely perfect lip sync, even when recording in 3K. Wow i really have to say i am really impressed with this app and honestly it is alot better then Procam2, i wish i never spent money on Procam 2

Comment

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
yeah this is a awesome application defitnetly... and its not 50 mbps bit rate, its actually 120 mbps bit rate, which is ridiculously good

Comment

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Phone storage

I took a 20 second video with the same specs and it was 311 MB.
i have it at video quality at 225%, uncompressed audio at max resolution at 30 fps, looks astonishingly good tbh...

Comment

Azzin

macrumors 601
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Wow, I decided to get this app and it's astounding!

I'm still playing with all of the settings, but thanks again OP for your clips.

I've only shot a few video clips using the 3K setting, but I'll see if I can get them on YT & add them here.

[Edit] - I've got a really weird problem.

I've just recorded a clip using 1280x720 res, with 240FPS, but when I watch it back, it plays back as a slo mo clip... :confused:

Last edited:
Comment

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm surprised Apple doesn't write their own camera app to take full advantage of the hardware, so a third party has to do it.

This is mind blowing, and shows that the camera in the iPhone 6 is actually better than we thought. Why the heck didn't Apple exploit it to the fullest?

Comment

Azzin

macrumors 601
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
[Edit] - I've got a really weird problem.

I've just recorded a clip using 1280x720 res, with 240FPS, but when I watch it back, it plays back as a slo mo clip... :confused:
So...

I had the app set to save videos to the Camera Roll and thats where when I watched them, they showed in slo mo.

I changed it to show them 'in app' and I'm now uploading one to YT.

When I watch the clip in the app's library, it plays fine, no slo mo, so I'll see what happens once it's on YT.

Comment

Azzin

macrumors 601
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
So...

I had the app set to save videos to the Camera Roll and thats where when I watched them, they showed in slo mo.

I changed it to show them 'in app' and I'm now uploading one to YT.

When I watch the clip in the app's library, it plays fine, no slo mo, so I'll see what happens once it's on YT.
Weird, that's now showing as a max of 720p in YouTube.

How do you get the 3k clips on YT? :confused:

Comment

Azzin

macrumors 601
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Can someone please help me?

I can't seem to get my 3k clips on to YouTube.

The film records successfully, I click the little upload icon in the top right, select YouTube and it uploads successfully.

However, when I then watch it on YT, the max resolution I can select is 720p HD. :confused:

Comment