Wow! Music.app reflection goes beyond volume knob

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by kockgunner, Sep 24, 2012.

1. kockgunner, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I just love the attention to detail Apple surprises us with sometimes. I just noticed the edges of music app title bar and playback button bars reflect light too, not just the volume slider. On the first image, you see the highlights/reflection leaning towards the left and on the second image, towards the right.

To avoid confusion and misinderstanding, I will mention I cross posted this on the Verge. http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/24/3381440/wow-music-app-reflection-goes-beyond-volume-knob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, when you stack the screenshots on top of each other you find that the album art is shifted depending on the device's tilt. You can notice it slightly when you do this on your actual device. It is a kind of parallax effect although I'm not sure why this is done.

[​IMG]

Anyway, just thought I'd share!

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

That is kinda cool. Maybe now that they're done with the eye candy they can move some engineers over to fix lyrics not being displayed when using iTunes Match.

3. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

I absolutely love these little touches, it still makes my mind go wow when I tilt it and see the volume sliders reflection!

I just did a test too with the tilting, did the same with mine...that one is a little odd.

4. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Isn't that because with iTunes Match you're downloading the song from the iTunes Store, and the store files have never included lyrics?

5. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Bigger question.... how do you view lyrics in the music app?

6. jacobss, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

jacobss macrumors 6502

I did immediately notice that too when I was listening to a song that had a dark album artwork.

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

That would make sense, except that my MacBook Air with iTunes Match enabled can see the lyrics added on my iMac. So metadata DOES get uploaded, but iDevices can't see it. At least they have eye candy, if not functionality.

8. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

You turn it on in Settings. Once you're in Music app like the photo OP posted, just tab album art once.

9. mactmaster macrumors 6502

The top controls on the music player seem transparent. Here is a view switching from portrait to landscape. The coverflow view comes through as it switches over.

[​IMG]

10. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Ahh thanks guys, this sound familiar actually - probably forgot cause I don't actually use the music app, just use Spotify :)

11. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

I wish there was a way to keep the lyrics/podcast info On without it being the default view. I hate playing an album and the lyrics immediately popping up. It should just display the artwork first, then on a tap, display the lyrics.

12. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Isn't that how it works now? Tapping album cover toggles lyrics (if any) on and off, along with song time scrubber. Whatever state you leave it in persists.

Regards,
    Tom

13. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

For me, when I go back to a playlist, and then tap the "Now Playing" again, the lyrics come back, and I have to re-toggle the lyrics on/off. Hopefully it's just a bug.

14. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I just tried that, and it works "correctly" for me (i.e. the state of the lyrics persists, whether on or off). Suggest you try the usual (delete app from recent app list, restart, retry).

Regards,
    Tom

15. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

Thanks for the info -- tried to to restart with no luck. Still getting the same behavior.