wow my battery actually says 8h 32 mins left.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by capriseyhaze, Mar 26, 2009.

1. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

before i calibrated it my battery would at most say 6h of battery left but since i have calibrated it it has been saying 8h plus. maybe apple wasent lieing. i using the better battery life gfx with no backlit keyboard and brightness 3 from max. has anybody else seen 8h plus time remaining.

2. pyromaniaque macrumors 6502

I hope mine's like that when it comes in.

Although..I do remember reading on the forums a while back about some people having Macbook Pros with relatively higher battery capacity then others. ie, 17,000 (insert unit here) vs. 12,000 (insert unit here)

3. capriseyhaze thread starter macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

yea mines is a 12000

4. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Anyone else wish the 15" MBP had the same battery as the 17"? Geez. I was impressed when I was getting 5 hours, 11 minutes from mine.

5. owen29051992 macrumors newbie

haha i was so tempted to start a thread, and you have just created this one, so i have been using the 9600 for the past week or so by accident (i forgot to switch back). then i switched back to 9400 and charged to full, turned on this morning and..it tells me 9 hours 10 mins remaining!! insane! no backlit keyboard and brightness down quite low..
    i took a screenshot as proof....

Attached Files:

6. STSNorthstar macrumors regular

I wish we could fit the 17" battery into the 13" by removing the hard drive. Just move it over to the optical bay

7. bossxii macrumors 68000

I think the longest actual usage is just over 6h 20m for me, which I am very happy with, that's working online (ethernet at work) bluetooth, airport off, screen at 60%. Email, online thru a VPN, zero video, not alot of web surfing mostly in the VPN running it's programs for work.

The timer has shown longer though, just not realistic of time once I start using the machine :)

Attached Files:

8. MrZebra macrumors regular

count me in!

9. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Removing the hard drive? How do you plan on running the machine then? It would be 100 times smarter to remove the optical drive and ship an external with it.

10. Jurwin macrumors regular

Jurwin

11. rukus macrumors member

12. capriseyhaze thread starter macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

fully charge it. let it sit fully charged for 2 hours. you can use it during that time just keep it plugged up. then fully deplete the battery until it shuts off then let it remain off for 5 hours. after 5 hours plug it back in and fully charge it again

13. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

is started out thinking that i dont really care. i was like a dont need that plus i want to be able to replace my battery when i want and blah blah blah. but now more and more i kind of want them to put it in the 15". it still wouldnt last as long because it couldnt be as big as the 17" but it would make a big difference from what we've got now.