Wow! My battery is like on steroids today!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob Mclovin, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

I did a full charge lastnight and some how after 20 hours standby and 4 hrs usage l the battery is full. Magic Battery or something, or just some super glitch that the Battery icon is frzen???

2. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Some folks have had the stuck indicator glitch. Try restarting to see if you still show that much battery.

That said, I'm really happy with the battery life since 2.1. I have everything on (bluetooth, wifi, 3G, Location Services, Push) and I still have at least 60% at the end of the day with moderate use.

3. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Just about everything is off and if I use my phone on and off for 2 hours it gets down to 1 quarter of battery life.

I hate the battery life on this thing.

4. Pared macrumors 65816

Get a new one. Something is very wrong with your phone.

5. Rob Mclovin thread starter macrumors 6502

haha, thanks for the advice. I just turned my phone on and off and when I turned it on it said it has less than 10 percent battery left. I had my hopes up...

6. Mac Sux macrumors newbie

7. Fuchal macrumors 68020

My battery has been sucking recently - I just restored it and put a clean 2.1 on the phone and it has been doing much better.

8. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Why put up with it? It's obviously faulty so you should take it back and exchange it.

9. redman042 macrumors 68020

I think there are still bugs in 2.1 that mess with the low power modes of the processor. Not all the time, but sometimes. Generally my battery life is good now, but sometimes it drops a surprising amount with not much use.

Anxious for 2.2, or even 2.1.1. Maybe it will be released at this rumored Oct 14 Apple Event (which is supposed to be a Mac event, but we could always have 5 minutes about the iPhone). I know, wishful thinking.