Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yendog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Sonoma, CA
Nothing is working.. its freezing up with all programs...

iPhoto freezes... the FINDER stops responding... I cant log into my iCloud account through the system preferences... Safari freezes up....

mulitple windows up asking "please enter the keychain password"

cluster****...

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

----------

wow.. iphoto opens up.. and I can see pictures in the browsing window.. but it immediately freezes and "application not responding"

actually got to the point before my last reboot where the "force quit" wouldn't even work
!!!

----------

yup.. safari goes directly to "application not responding" and the beach ball as well.

Yendog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Sonoma, CA
keychain access "application not responding"

wow.. my 6 month old imac is a freaking brick

----------

imac 27"... latest model

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
Please be a little bit more vague with your posts, so that we could help you accordingly.

Yendog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Sonoma, CA
hhmmmm vague... not sure what else I can say

Applications that do not respond

iPhoto, Safari, Keychain access, SYSTEM PREFERERNCES freezes up,

I can't log into icloud via mail account, SP or anyting.. but can get there on phone and online (firefox)

Running 6 month old iMac 7"

Small windows "please enter the keychain passord" message agent and scoped bookmark agent... (im sure these would be cleared if I could log into icloud)

how is any of that vague? I know its rare online but try.. just make an attempt, at not being dickish.

Just trying figure out if anyone elses computer is this bad. I have sent about 8 crash reports to apple in the last fifteen minutes.

josh.b

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2013
something must have gone weird in your installation because you're a unique case lol. Just clean install again I guess. By the time you find answers you probably could have clean installed 10 times anyway.

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
I would also suggest a clean install. Make sure you try to backup, if you have not done so already, and do a full clean install from your recovery partition.

slrandall

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Is Spotlight indexing your drive? That tends to slow things down pretty badly for about an hour. Especially if you're trying to open all your applications, which it sounds like you're doing.

jeffzoom91

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2005
Florida
1) DON'T PANIC.
2) I compared the your iMac and a picture of a brick, I don't think a brick even has a screen...soo....are you by chance looking at the wall of a building?
3) The password to your mac is your keychain password.

This happens on Enterprise Macs when your server password (Active Directory in my case) expires or is changed on something other than your mac.

Remember that your keychain is encrypted, and it's encrypted with YOUR password. So any application that tries to access anything in it needs to unlock it...and if the last password it had to do that has changed, it can't get in.

Every single one of those applications you listed can store stuff there, and they're just trying to retrieve their stored data. Stored data can range from a saved password to encryption keys to access tokens, certificates, etc.

Enter the keychain password (if your password doesn't work, use the last one you had before you changed it), repair permissions, reboot.

Roy G Biv

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2010
I'm sorry, but the last time a 7" Mac was released was like 1985 . Did you buy this off Ebay 6 months ago? I don't think that would support OSX Mavericks.

Check with Apple to make sure your system is compatible.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I'm having similar (though less total) issues.

Mail.app will not work, I get my inbox then before I can click anything crash log "would you like to reopen?" iTunes does similar, as does Calendar.

The joys of x.0

A 2012 Mac Mini btw so not like I'm using some creaky old stuff. Everything else feels snappy though :p

Princejb134

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
i have a 2011 macbook pro and so far is working flawless
no problems so far
noticeable a bit faster also

Yendog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Sonoma, CA
well.. reinstalled the OS... after a few boots and some restarting of applications everything seems to now be working...

Totally strange... never had a problem with upgrading and I've done every upgrade since 2000 with every OS.

Not sure what the login problem with iCloud was but seems to be fixed now... fingers crossed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.