wow, my local Apple store suckeths

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ilovemygeek, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

They're still selling the old Macbook. They say they won't have any of the Santa Rosa ones anytime soon. Yikes. Good thing there is another one not to far away.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

3. Ilovemygeek thread starter macrumors regular

I asked if they had the black SantaRosa Macbooks and she said they had the "Ultimate" package which had 1G of Ram and 1.8GHz that sounds off to me. Since the only ones on the Apple website are 2.2 and 1G ..I'm wondering if I spoke to a clueless "Genius"

4. amrk47 macrumors regular

LOL thats one ghetto ass Apple Store

5. Ilovemygeek thread starter macrumors regular

Sadly its at a really upscale mall...the one that is in a bit more questionable part of town HAS them LOL :confused:

6. samuraikiss macrumors regular

We just started selling Macs at the electronics retailer I work at. Apple only sent us the old pre-SantaRosa MacBooks, so that's what we sell to customers. I'm the only Mac user in our computers department, so I was the only one that noticed. I asked our supervisor about it, and he told me that customers wouldn't know the difference, so I should say nothing.
    You'd be surprised what happens behind the scenes of electronics retail stores.

7. Ilovemygeek thread starter macrumors regular

Yikes. that is scary. Sadly though this was an Apple store :confused:

8. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

Caveat Emtor, baby. I have little sympathy for anyone who doesn't research their products before buying. I've been in an Apple store exactly once, so far in life. The saleskid was about as ignorant as they come about Apple computers. I began by correcting him on the amount of RAM that came stock and the hard drive in a Mac Pro, but then just decided it was best to let him ramble. He was trying to convince me that I needed to 2 superdrives when I finally just told him I was buying a referb from the online store and thanked him. That's par for the course. I'm sure after a few weeks on the floor they develop a good sense of who's an Apple newb ripe for sweet-talking and who's an Apple dork to be given space until they're ready to break out the CC.

9. iMartini macrumors member

iMartini

Given that Apple Store employees don't work on commission, I doubt the typical employee is all that concerned about spewing a bunch of b.s. just to make a sale. More likely he was just misinformed about the current product line-up.

10. feyn-man macrumors regular

I spend half an hour the day before yesterday and try to convince the man of fry's that software is not the only difference of the new macbook. But he still insist there is no any difference. Finnally I give up the idea to buy it at fry's. And I got new one at retail store yesterday.