Wow my mother actually wants one.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bnerd, Jan 30, 2010.

1. bnerd macrumors regular

I think Steve hit a Jackpot. Just like iPod brought in a new generation of Apple users ... the iPad will port over a lot of iPhone/iTouch users.

My mom hated computers and she's kinda still intimidated by them, yes even Macs and definitely Windows. But when she got her iPhone she fell in love with it. It was easy for her.

When she saw the iPad, it was over. She called me right away saying how I HAVE to buy it for her. I had to stop and think.. maybe Steve knew exactly what he was doing when he put iPhone OS 3.2 on this thing.

40+ million people are already familiar with the OS and love it ... now they have a larger form factor to do more with.

The iPad wasn't meant to please of Tech heads ... it's meant to please those casual users and gamers.

2. WytRaven macrumors 6502

And that's why Steve Jobs received the award of CEO of the decade.

3. huskyte macrumors newbie

Indeed, that's a market I see the iPad selling strongly. I already know lots of "wanna buys", but none of them has been using Apple products so far. Kind of sad, but maybe it was intended.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I'll wager most people who actually buy the iPad will be in love with it. Until then I'll ignore the naysayers.

5. bnerd thread starter macrumors regular

I Agree 100% .... in fact I'm GLAD everyone isn't in love with it.

I remember when it was RARE to run into an iPhone users.. we felt like we had something different. Now every other person I bump into has one. Sure I still love my iPhone but that sense of uniqueness has disappeared.

6. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Yeah I remember when i got the iphone 3g on launch day, 6 months later everyone I knew had one or a touch.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wasn't it 75 million? iPod touch users count too. :D

8. bnerd thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sure my numer was WAAAYYYY off.. I haven't checked out the sale stats in a year or so. :eek:

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

To some extent you are very right. The iPod brought an Apple product into Window's households; this was the case for me for sure. The iPod Touch and iPhone brought a little more Apple into households. I actually ran into someone once who had an Apple sticker on their car, they noticed mine and gave me this nod that suggested we're best pals now because we both put some company logo on our cars. He asked me if I liked Apple (yes I know) and then said "yeah I love my iPhone." I asked if he had a Mac and he said he'd never buy a Mac but he loves the iPhone. :rolleyes:

The point being is these devices will bring Apple into numerous households, that's where the iPad fits in.

FWIW a Cubs emblem replaced the Apple sticker and now the nods I get are nods of other fans (like all 10 of them). :D