Wow - not Mac related but oh what a monday.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Eric Piercey, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

I'm a technician in a professional office setting and the other computer guy is off today. Every one of the usual idiots has had one of their classic issues today. You fellow techs know... each office their repeat customers with their own individual M.O.'s.; a certain VP who always has Blackberry issues with mail, a certain code monkey (aka otherwise computer retarded individual) who breaks laptops like they were made of paper mache, a certain person who thinks their cube is "cursed" and yet there never seems to be a real computer problem, a certain admin who thinks they're important because their boss is, oh and many many more. One of them just showed up... this guy is in the absolute top 5 just came it. He was messing with his windows theme settings and managed to put black text on black backgrounds with black window frames. Fuggin idiot. I'm buried he and brings me this crap. I told him to get in line and call the helpdesk and I'd get to him in order. Back of the line! Bastids. Oh well just wanted to vent. I take great pleasure in not working as I type this.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So what is the going rate for arrogant over-entitled IT help desk people these days? I’m just curious as I may need a job one day soon.
    But in all seriousness, not everyone can be as smart and well-balanced as you seem to be. I say take a deep breath and remember that it was you that got into the IT service industry and people who are less savvy than you may at least appreciate that you're there and you're helping, even though you mock them when they're not looking.
    Here's to your Monday getting better buddy.

3. Eric Piercey thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

Not willing to give any credit? Sorry about whatever has been done to you by arrogant techs. Truth is though, there are repeat customers.. and they do need a kick in pants. Fact, not arrogance. I know the limits of ordinary users and set expectations accordingly. I take pride in making their help experiences good ones, but today it's like a hidden camera show. I'd love to see a tax attorney or accountant griping about stupid people like myself. Bring it on people! It doesn't take a genius to do windows break/fix, anbd basic hw/sw IT work, btw. Furthermore this is common enough knowledge that generally people in this field don't tote themselves as being on some pedestal. In the past, perhaps but not so much anymore.

4. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I agree with you completely about the "return visitors." Some people just need to realize that they shouldn't touch anything besides safari and itunes.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well, I for one have never been wronged by someone in IT so I'm good to go. I find that everyone I've dealt with to be knowledgeable and very eager to help me even if my problem is stupid on the surface. Hope your day turned out better.

6. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Wow. Black, black, black.

Either he's extremely idiotic or massively eco-friendly and trying to use less power. :rolleyes:

Wait, doesn't it show you a preview of what it will look like?
    Too bad it wasn't a Mac. :p