Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
IMG_8796.PNG
I'm happy with mine so far!

Reactions: Jetcat3

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Flash light is the notification light that i keep forgetting to turn off :p
Ahhhhh sooooo. I was thinking you had found the flashlight and were wandering around in dark impressed LOL.

That's a feature I would vote for as "most annoying feature". Imagine being in a meeting with iPhone screen down on table and the flash going off dozens of times as you get messaged. Now imagine everyone's iPhone doing that in meeting. That would be funny.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Ahhhhh sooooo. I was thinking you had found the flashlight and were wandering around in dark impressed LOL.

That's a feature I would vote for as "most annoying feature". Imagine being in a meeting with iPhone screen down on table and the flash going off dozens of times as you get messaged. Now imagine everyone's iPhone doing that in meeting. That would be funny.
Yeah i finally turned it off. I always froget where the settings are for it

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Well, it's technically there in the accessibility features, essentially for accessibility reasons.

Jbaro

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Anybody else think my usage time is really low for a 7? With normal use the battery life feels the same as the 6 which wasn't great. Wondering if I need a replacement phone.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.PNG
    IMG_0029.PNG
    247 KB · Views: 87

Maverick2k

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
The battery life of my iPhone 7 Plus is insane. I'm coming from an iPhone 6S and previously I'd have to charge the phone twice a day. I've had my iPhone 7 Plus for over 24 hours now and it's still going after the initial charge - I'm actually on 43% to be precise. I'm honestly blown away by it. This was more than enough of a reason for me to upgrade; I now get 'extras' such as a faster phone, bigger screen size, better camera, water-proofing and much more! ;)

Edit: for those curious, I'm a gamer (play heavy duty games like Vain Glory), watch Twitch for hours at a time whilst working, use Safari a lot, use Facebook a lot, Snapchat and what-not. I went to upload a screenshot, but for some reason the phone think it hasn't been fully charged yet - if that's the case, then wtf? I'm going to get even more battery usage?!

Reactions: Blueline29

gazzy644

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
I'm my experience, most usage time I've got was 5 hours. What was disappointing is that background music playing counted towards that usage time. So I would be off charger at 7 am and after a gym session during my lunch I would be looking at 40% battery left with at least 8 more hours to go. Although, battery life is better it is still not satisfactory to my needs. To the 7 plus I go.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Ao after a few more days, i have to say battery life is pretty inconsistent to be honest. Sometimes i charge every lther day sometimes i charge twice a day. Seems dependent on if i watch youtube or not...

zamboni52

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
Colorado Springs
Here's mine from a MB 256gb iPhone 7. You can't see the high power draw items since they are towards the top, but I had 1 hour of Music time in the gym, mail, safari, facebook, iMessage, and about 45 mins of phone calls. I'm going to drain it all the way, then reset the network settings and test again tomorrow. I did a clean install.
IMG_0054.JPG

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
my husband is not impressed with his IP7 battery life... he's a heavy gamer(pokemon ho , Clash royale , clash of clans) .. it last him 12hrs standby... he told me his note 7 is better .... im not sure with IP7+ .. should it have a better battery life than the IP7?

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
my husband is not impressed with his IP7 battery life... he's a heavy gamer(pokemon ho , Clash royale , clash of clans) .. it last him 12hrs standby... he told me his note 7 is better .... im not sure with IP7+ .. should it have a better battery life than the IP7?
the 7+ has a larger battery so in theory it should last longer than the regular 7.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
My 7+ is horrible, at least so far. I haven't screencapped any usage stats, but recharging it is incredibly slow. I had it down to about 12% when I left the Apple Store at 8 pm after an appointment about replacing a defective Pencil, and since being connected to a charging cable non-stop with minimal usage, it's finally up to 99% at 1:24 am. That seems an insane amount of time to recharge, at least compared to every other iPhone I've ever owned (which is every one since the 3GS). I'm going to recalibrate the battery meter again tomorrow and if it doesn't improve, back it goes. :(

marcociccone

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2014

Of course Note 7 is better, you can't compare a phablet with a huge screen and battery with a 4.7" phone and a 1,900 battery. If he's a heavy gamer iP7+ will be just better for both battery life and screen size...

Reactions: IndianBird

Razor Time

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2016
These posts of iPhones 7s arent looking impressive and seem no different to the iPhone 6.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Didn't snap a pic last night but after 7hrs usage and 15ish hours standby I was sitting at 20%. That's way better than my 6 ever did. I'm quite happy so far with battery life

Setarip

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
On my 256 7+ I'm at 86% battery remaining with 1hr 50mins used, 3hrs 50mins standby. I am very pleased with the battery life. On my iPhone 6 I almost always turned on low power mode, but this is lasting a very longtime without using that feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.