Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
I bought WoW some time ago when I ran a PC. Is there an installer on the same CD's for the OS X edition? Amazon shows the same game for Windows/OSX/etc? I don't see separate retail packages for one platform over another?

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
how long has it been this way? If I remember right originally only the Windows version was released and the OS X version came much later?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
how long has it been this way? If I remember right originally only the Windows version was released and the OS X version came much later?

they were released simultaneously afaik and all releases/patches have been as well.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga

World of Warcraft was always this way.

Older games were a tad different. Some did contain both versions some didn't. WarIII RoC has both Mac (not intel) and Windows installer, my copy of Diablo 2 has both, etc and so forth.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
they were released simultaneously afaik and all releases/patches have been as well.

Alright. I'll check my discs for sure tonight. I could have sworn the OS X edition came out later, thus early WoW adopters only got the Windows edition.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
When did you buy them? I bought two years ago (or more).. so that's why I'm curious

Bought my copy shortly after the game was released. Blizzard has been doing Mac/Windows installers on the same disk for a while. WoW was/is no different. It was released (and it says on my box) with both installers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.