WoW on white macbook

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by taru91, Nov 10, 2008.

1. taru91 macrumors regular

taru91

How does WoW run in the 2.4 GHz white macbook in the lowest settings ?

I don't really have money to buy a new macbook pro to play WoW with nice graphics without lagging. Anyone care to answer ?

2. taru91 thread starter macrumors regular

taru91

Nevermind, just found someplace that it doesnt run good. :( Macbook Pro for x-mas yes please :D

3. MrBean macrumors member

My suggestion would be to download the free trial and see how it runs for you. Different people accept different levels as being "playable".

I have friends who don't think a game is playable unless they get 65 fps everywhere in all situations.

And hell, if my 7 year old Dell Inspiron laptop can play WoW, no reason a 3 times as fast macbook shouldn't be able to play it also.

4. taru91 thread starter macrumors regular

taru91

I'll try the free trial and see how it runs , thanks. ^^

5. philippott macrumors newbie

Hi!

It runs reasonable well enough to clear Black Temple (back then pre-3.0-nerfs). I did this numerous times (p4 Illidan tanking Warlock) on an old black macbook with 2Ghz, 2GB RAM and the GMA950 chipset. However the Macbook was booted into Windows XP then.

So I think a newer white GMA3100 macbook will fare better, and the new 1k3 USD Nvidia Macbooks run the game smooth and nice.

Regards

6. gouvernor macrumors newbie

White MacBook & WoW

My wife plays WoW with me on her MacBook I upgraded it to 2GB Ram, but it is the 950 graphics version from mid 2007. She even played it with 1GB Ram and ran great at low settings. I think if you tweak the settings the right way, you don't have to run all the way low, but that depends on your RAM and how much you want to look pretty, . The only problem I've run into is visual distance. As it is one of the things you will want to be low, be careful with quests that require you to look out in the distance. Other than that, my wife has been healing instances since BC with her MacBook 2.1 without any issues.

7. taru91 thread starter macrumors regular

taru91

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out when I'm out of finals :(