Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigmike300c

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Brick, NJ
and i thought a couple days ago when i walked into best buy and bought a 16GB 3g ipad 2 i was lucky.. today i walk in the same best buy to buy a Smart cover.. and there's a guy returning a 64 GB white WiFi model.. they marked it down to $630 !! so i returned my 16GB 3g and bought this one for the same price

always good to pop in and see what they have.. never know when you can get lucky

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    484.2 KB · Views: 170

meder87

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2010
Georgia
Damn! You hit the jackpot. Congrats. I wanted to get a case and saw the iPad 1 case a week and a half ago as an open item for $15. I was thinking about getting it and instead said screw it and decided to wait for iPad 2cases. Well i've been getting annoyed carrying it around in a sleeve and ran back to best to see if they still had it. It was gone and the other open item iPad 1 cases were priced at $35 :l its such a **** move by Best Buy but nothing you can do. I guess it kept me from wasting money.

Bmf79

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Hopefully someone strikes again

I will be returning my 64gb Black Wifi to Best Buy today as I have been following the Target tracker and scored a 64gb Black At&t model today. I didn't intend on buying a 3g model initially and thought that I wouldn't care about the 3g. My intent was to use my wifi tether via my Evo for access if I wanted it. While this is a great option that I can still use, it's not very battery friendly. I like having the option of the 3g access if I need it rather than relying on the tether. I can use the tether to make sure I'm always under any data caps anyway. :D

Upon return I hope someone who is looking for a 64 Black Wifi in Florence, KY finds one rather than someone who intends to sell it for a profit. I have really enjoyed the Wifi model and I am excited to have the 3g model and the additional freedom it brings.

Fwiw, the Best Buy store here never received any At&t models on launch so I couldn't have bought one anyway.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
Damn! You hit the jackpot. Congrats. I wanted to get a case and saw the iPad 1 case a week and a half ago as an open item for $15. I was thinking about getting it and instead said screw it and decided to wait for iPad 2cases. Well i've been getting annoyed carrying it around in a sleeve and ran back to best to see if they still had it. It was gone and the other open item iPad 1 cases were priced at $35 :l its such a **** move by Best Buy but nothing you can do. I guess it kept me from wasting money.

Are you talking about the Apple iPad1 case? I love those, but was told they didn't fit well enough to use with the iPad2.

ThReMiX

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
Lol I had the same thing, but they didn't wanna give me the 10% off, so I bought it and called the DM, the DM is sending me a $75 gift card and I sold the iPad 2 for 789 after eBay and paypal -$70 or so I didn't make much, but I scored a sweet gift card!! Lol

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
Is there a restocking fee at Best Buy on iPads?

I'm just wondering what is preventing from this taking place:

Guy walks into BBuy and purchases iPad. Goes home, opens it, returns it next day for full refund. Immediately, his friend purchases the same iPad, but now at a reduced price because BBuy had to mark it down as an opend item. Friend now walks out the door with a brand new iPad at a reduced price. Repeat the same scam at a different store so the other friend can get an iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.