WOW! Open Box iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bigmike300c, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Bigmike300c macrumors newbie

and i thought a couple days ago when i walked into best buy and bought a 16GB 3g ipad 2 i was lucky.. today i walk in the same best buy to buy a Smart cover.. and there's a guy returning a 64 GB white WiFi model.. they marked it down to $630 !! so i returned my 16GB 3g and bought this one for the same price

always good to pop in and see what they have.. never know when you can get lucky

Attached Files:

2. meder87 macrumors regular

Damn! You hit the jackpot. Congrats. I wanted to get a case and saw the iPad 1 case a week and a half ago as an open item for $15. I was thinking about getting it and instead said screw it and decided to wait for iPad 2cases. Well i've been getting annoyed carrying it around in a sleeve and ran back to best to see if they still had it. It was gone and the other open item iPad 1 cases were priced at $35 :l its such a **** move by Best Buy but nothing you can do. I guess it kept me from wasting money.

3. Bmf79 macrumors member

Hopefully someone strikes again

I will be returning my 64gb Black Wifi to Best Buy today as I have been following the Target tracker and scored a 64gb Black At&t model today. I didn't intend on buying a 3g model initially and thought that I wouldn't care about the 3g. My intent was to use my wifi tether via my Evo for access if I wanted it. While this is a great option that I can still use, it's not very battery friendly. I like having the option of the 3g access if I need it rather than relying on the tether. I can use the tether to make sure I'm always under any data caps anyway. :D

Upon return I hope someone who is looking for a 64 Black Wifi in Florence, KY finds one rather than someone who intends to sell it for a profit. I have really enjoyed the Wifi model and I am excited to have the 3g model and the additional freedom it brings.

Fwiw, the Best Buy store here never received any At&t models on launch so I couldn't have bought one anyway.

4. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

6. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Are you talking about the Apple iPad1 case? I love those, but was told they didn't fit well enough to use with the iPad2.

7. ThReMiX macrumors member

Lol I had the same thing, but they didn't wanna give me the 10% off, so I bought it and called the DM, the DM is sending me a $75 gift card and I sold the iPad 2 for 789 after eBay and paypal -$70 or so I didn't make much, but I scored a sweet gift card!! Lol

8. Chilean.Miner macrumors member

Chilean.Miner

9. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

Is there a restocking fee at Best Buy on iPads?

I'm just wondering what is preventing from this taking place:

Guy walks into BBuy and purchases iPad. Goes home, opens it, returns it next day for full refund. Immediately, his friend purchases the same iPad, but now at a reduced price because BBuy had to mark it down as an opend item. Friend now walks out the door with a brand new iPad at a reduced price. Repeat the same scam at a different store so the other friend can get an iPad.

10. Bigmike300c thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes a 16gb 3G, for. Wifi 64gb and I got the color I wanted And I couldn't be happier :D