Wow, ordering through AT&T Premier is fast!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sboxer, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Sboxer macrumors newbie

I missed out on the pre-orders and have been dying to get the new iphone.
    Apple site says 3 weeks to ship and I got on priority lists at three different Apple store and all of them says about 3 weeks due to the long waiting list.

Then I checked the regular AT&T site and it says 7-10 days so I took the plunge and ordered through AT&T. I didn't realize that I was actually redirected to the ATT premier site and ordered through them since I'm part of the FAN account through work. Anyway, placed order last night (7/6/10) and today I got a shipping notification with tracking number for package to arrive tomorrow from Fedex overnight. What an unbelievable welcomed surprise.

Long story short, for those who are wait-listed at Apple stores like I was and you're part of a FAN account, order through AT&T and get it much sooner.

2. bm2 macrumors newbie

What size did you order? Seems the 32 gb just came in stock.

3. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

I had the same experience when I ordered my 3G. I placed the order around 3pm EST and I received the iPhone the very next day from Tennessee.

4. sotiredofsoup macrumors member

I ordered a black 16GB yesterday afternoon through Premier after I saw Apple's lead time was 3x longer and canceled that order. I've been checking it all day but no shipping update!

5. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I ordered a 32gb this morning through premier. Hoping for the same surprise!

Off topic but, how does one cancel an order through AT&T? I ordered the candyshell not realizing it was also backordered, I only got it because I figured it would get here along with my phone. I have other cases on the way and want to cancel the candyshell but can't find any option to cancel!

6. Sboxer thread starter macrumors newbie

you're correct. I ordered the 32Gb. Probably why I got mine shipped right away and some others are still waiting.

7. jshort macrumors regular

I ordered on June 15th and still don't have a tracking number..

8. Sboxer thread starter macrumors newbie

you ordered through Premier or regular ATT site?

9. jshort macrumors regular

I ordered two 32gb black i4's thru premier on June 15th. I got one on the first day and the other has yet to ship.. I've probably wasted about 5 hours over the past 3 weeks being tossed around, transferred and given the run around by everyone in most every department and no one knows anything.

They really are a Mickey Mouse company..

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I just ordered a 32GB through Premier.

I'll let you know what happens. I hope I'm as lucky as OP.

11. expressway macrumors member

Eh, not always. I ordered a 16GB 7/2 through Premier and it hasn't budged. Grumble.

(I know I don't have any real right to complain, I'm just cranky that some orders are getting filled sooner and hey, I'm impatient in general.) ;-)

12. LameLefty macrumors member

Must be nice. My Premier order on 7/1 still hasn't shipped with no indication why not. :rolleyes:

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I would think the 16s are in higher demand than the 32s. That could be your problem.

14. expressway macrumors member

Probably. From the order status threads, it looks like mostly 32s are being shipped now, after being stalled for a while, so I'm hoping for some 16 GB movement later this week.

15. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I was talking to my uncle who works for AT&T and he said that all their orders are coming in fairly quickly as well.

16. mrfriggz macrumors member

You don't need a FAN account or premier account. Last week I ordered off the regular AT&T site and received my 16gig iPhone in hand within 48 hours. Still on Apple wait list. Been on for a week and a half... fail

17. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Welp, no such luck for me. Ordered 32gb on 7/7 at 10am, still backordered.

18. sotiredofsoup macrumors member

My status just updated this morning: Shipped!

I ordered a Black 16GB on 7/6/2010 through AT&T Premier online.

19. Kevio macrumors regular

I also ordered through the AT&T Premier site. (7/10) Still not shipped but I'm hoping that changes today, or tomorrow, or just soon.

20. Area51Tazz macrumors member

I ordered mine on 7/26, and sold my phone on the 29th hoping it would be here by today :(

Now I'm with no phone for another week. (I work on a cruise ship, so I'm only in the US once a week.)