WOW patch 4.2.2 Constant problems.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by spooky mulder, May 14, 2008.

1. spooky mulder macrumors regular

Hey so after hearing about world of warcraft for ages i've decided to try it out.
    well i have been using it for about 4 days with no problems on my whitebook os x leopard. 2 gig ram 2.0 ghz intel. Today a patch was released (4.2.2 i believe) and now everything is messed up. I was in the middle of playing when it completely kicked me off and now every time i try to play, it takes forever to load and connect and once i am in the game it takes 3 min to load any characters etc. Also once i move, the game quits to desktop. No error report or anything. Any suggestions? Please help.. Also sometimes it doesn't even start game, it just tries to open the quits.

thanks for any replies.. :):):(

edit: I also am constantly getting this.....

2. asme macrumors regular

Leopard hates Blizzard products.

CONGRATULATIONS!

3. spooky mulder thread starter macrumors regular

sorry mods couldn't figure out how to add after i posted original...

Attached Files:

4. angelneo macrumors 68000

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I concur. The Mac support forums is a VERY GOOD place to get help. There are 'blues' that are very active in that forum and the people there are specific WoW players and are extremely helpful.

Be prepared however to give config specs and crash logs.

6. shinchook macrumors regular

shinchook

Im running the new patch on my mac pro and have no problems... perhaps there is a chance that your install was corrupted during the update. That has happened to me in the past. Try reinstalling it and update all the patches at once.

The only problem that I see after the patch is that after the first hit of a beast or enemy there health goes down but then regenerates as if I never hit them. Hasn't really been a problem overall.

7. spooky mulder thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, i'll def go there. thanks for the responce.

yeah, i thought that might be the problem, so i did an uninstall and reinstall twice. But still the same thing. I am going to try it again right now. And see if it is doing the same thing. Thanks for the replies.

8. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

To give you an idea of how helpful and quick to respond the Blizzard guys are... during the iMac graphics driver issue, I made an offer in the forum to assist with any testing they needed, I got an email from a blue (blizzard emp) asking if I was serious and would like to beta test the new drivers, and shortly after my response a tech at Apple called me up on the phone and we chatted, I signed an NDA (/shrug) and helped beta test the graphics driver update for the alum iMacs.

The Bliz Mac guys are good and the players are also equally as helpful. Plus lots of info there as your issue might already be posted and solutions to it also.

Good luck

9. shinchook macrumors regular

shinchook

Also keep in mind that when uninstalling from an apple computer a lot of the times remnants remain. You might want to google how to fully uninstall everything including library files and what not.

10. spooky mulder thread starter macrumors regular

hey well thanks for all the help. I use appzapper so i think i got most of the file etc. but did a search and didn't find anymore. As of right now i just got done playing for an hr or so, the same issues that i listed above, but it finally pushed through at let me do some things. I did do a search in their forums but couldn't really turn anything up. They have a lot of help for windows and what not, but not as much for mac.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

12. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Shirley you are mistaken. Make sure your looking in the right spot.

Attached Files:

13. spooky mulder thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i did do all of that, but couldn't find anything on my issue. Thats why i came and posted in here for all the smart people. :):D

14. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

No offense to the people here but your likely to get better help there.

We're not bliz techs. Blizzard has been working with Apple for a long time, those guys are smarter when it comes to WoW and Macs interacting and are really good at helping.

15. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I also get the same message, but only when i quit wow and yes it came with the last patch.

No crashing in-game

16. spooky mulder thread starter macrumors regular

as of yesterday the issue has fixed it self. Or rather, blizzard fixed the issue and it was on there side.
    Thanks for all the help

issue resolved.

17. mrwindup macrumors member