Wow Please Help, iTunes Deleted My Backup!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Snowman3459, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

I've posted at least 4 threads in this forum already asking for help but I seriously just screwed up big time.

Tonight I synced my iPhone and it backed up everything on the phone.

I restored it and set it up as a new phone, but realized it was a bad idea so I wanted to just restore from a back up.

Next thing I know, all of my recent backups are gone. Completely gone. I've synced and backed up my phone idk how many times since I received my iPhone 4. A lot. But this is telling me the most recent back up I have is from June 20th! And the others are from 2009!!!!

I have no idea what happened but please help, I lost a lot of pictures and information. Is there anyway to get my most recent back up back? This is ridiculous.

2. Orbane macrumors member

Just did the same thing tonight. It's such a ballache, seems if you set up the same phone (must take the IMEI number or something) as a "new phone" it deletes all previous backups of that phone. This seems like something that should come with a warning; in my case, I lost 2 years of Contacts/Messages/Photos/App Saves.

As far as I know once iTunes has deleted the backups, there is no way to restore them. If anyone knows otherwise, I will be forever grateful.

-R

3. WilliamG macrumors G3

I can't offer any advice EXCEPT make backups! You have a tremendously easy Time Machine app. USE IT!

4. Uncle Ivan macrumors newbie

William G.

Thanks for the wonderful advice for Snowman AFTER the fact. You must be so proud. I especially liked the CAPS LOCK. It was a nice touch, like you're yelling at him or something. Also, the way you ignored the fact that Apple takes it upon themselves to decide to delete information without telling the user was also a nice touch.

Sorry, Snowman, I, like Billy boy, have no advice to offer these many years later... At least I'm not yelling at you or implying that it's your fault. It's Apple's all the way. Shame on 'em.

Ivan