WoW problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shadow, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

On my friends MacBook (1.83Ghz Core 2 Duo and 2GB RAM) he has WoW installed but it keeps dropping the connection after a varying ammount of time (it changes from minutes to hours). Now I tried troubleshooting by resetting the PRAM, reinstalling WoW and even going as far as downgrading to 10.4.9 (he was on 10.4.10). I have cancelled out a hardware issue, as it is only WoW that has the problem, and we tried running my shared version of WoW on my external but the problem still persists.

Please advise!

2. Matteh117 macrumors regular

Presuming you're using wireless here - have you tried plugging in an ethernet cable?

3. Shadow thread starter macrumors 68000

Shadow

Yes, he is using wireless. It was working fine on wireless before. Apparently it works fine, but he wants to know if wireless is not an option.

4. Matteh117 macrumors regular

I don't think WoW would perform very well on wireless. I would try out a cable and see if the problem persists.

5. Winterfell macrumors regular

I've been playing WoW over wireless (802.11b) for a couple of years, and really haven't had any problems.

6. Shadow thread starter macrumors 68000

Shadow

He rang Blizzard and they basically said to play it wired ><

I'vr got friends who've been playing it over wireless for months now with no problems :confused: