Wow, really????

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spmiz12, Mar 10, 2011.

1. spmiz12 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ok, I have followed all the links; I too really want an iPad2, but seriously people... I mean do you honestly worry if you don't get the first unit, at the first moment???? Relax, the iPad 2 will be around for awhile... Ok, so you don't get it on day 1, that doesn't make you less of a person...

Sorry, but to pitch a tent for a week is wayover the top.... Let me truthfully ask, Would you care more about saving a life, and our problems in this nation??

Don't get me wrong, I want it too; but let's prioritize important things in our life..

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Ok. So what exactly would you like to discuss here? Or is this a blog of some sort...?

3. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Saving a life and our problems in this nation? And I suppose you roam the streets 24/7 saving lives for free?

Give me a break. If you don't want people to worry about something trivial.. stop worrying about something even more trivial?

4. M87 macrumors 65816

Saving a life? Like buying iPad 2's so Steve Jobs has plenty of monies to buy new organs and fight cancers?

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I take it you are on a break between saving lives and decided to start this thread

6. hi res macrumors member

hi res

Booyah! Why does everything have to be placed against some bigger picture...this is what it is, a product launch. People aren't going to get an iPad and suddenly also burning an American flag, or condoning communist ways of life...wtf?

7. nvcplus macrumors regular

8. spmiz12 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Whatever gang; it's only an iPad and just because you wait a few days to get it; start to prioritize things in your life first....

Trust me, we all can get one; just because you don't get the first one, doesn't meancrap. Relax

9. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

Heck, I can wait a month for all I care, I don't really need an iPad, but I am up working anyway, why not try? I am getting it for my wife who has to turn in her HP laptop on her last day at work tomorrow.

It's like trying to win something on ebay, "Use The Force Luke..."

10. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

How about I do what I'd like to do for myself and in turn, I'll allow you the same freedom? Can we agree that this might be the best way to simply stop a pointless rant like you started here?

11. spmiz12 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, It's not a rant, instead it's the truth. It's a device we all want, but somehow get all consumed in the desire... This is what any company wants for the build up, the desire that somehow this device can change our lives; sorry but it's bottom line $500..

I am not bashing anyone; instead, let's all realize we all that want will get it...

12. Bizzways macrumors member

People like to make the experience fun and memorable. The guy isn't hurting anyone....

The monetary system.. now that's a problem.

13. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

To answer your question there is enough negativity, world problems and issues that you a) get bombarded with all throughout the day b) can do absolutely nothing about and c) generally tend to make you feel more helpless and depressed. That taking time out to purchase a product that might bring you: a) smiles b) a brief moment of distraction and happiness or c) one small reward for all of the crap you may have had to eat at work to make the money to reward yourself.

I hardly imagine that if someone is standing in line for an iPad2 and sees someone's life at risk for something that they are going to stay in line to risk losing their place... well perhaps the hardcore fanboy/girl might stay in line haha but seriously....

As for the loser who is pitching the tent a week in advance, I can only surmise that he has no other joy in his life and this is one of his big moments until the next Apple release, that while I find huge pity for him, I don't think I would dare try to deflate his balloon lest he end up swinging from a noose or something.

Everything in moderation...

I say take life's small pleasures when they are available to you and if being one of the first to get a new toy is one light in the darkness, I say grab it!

WW

14. wkennedy74 macrumors member

I for one am going out of town for training on Tuesday, so I would like to get it before then....

My job happens to be in Law Enforcement, saving lives? Some would say yes, some would say no. I do think it at least qualifies as solving problems on a local level.

However, I did that from 3p-11P today....

Now I want to spend MY time off, trying to get my hands on an iPad2 :)

It is very possible to have your priorities straight, and still want an iPad 2 ASAP!

15. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

I was gonna get an iPad2 on launch day. Then I saw the news about the earthquake in Japan and thought... I'm gonna get an iPad2 on launch day. Suddenly the world wasn't as bleak as I thought it was.

16. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

I could kind of see what the OP means about getting it in a rush...

HOWEVER, talking about saving lives--Im almost positive there is an app for that.

17. leenak macrumors 68020

You know what? I'm thankful for what I have in my life. I'm thankful that my friends/family are safe from a tsunami and hope that people that are in danger can get to safety. I'm thankful that I have friends, family, coworkers, etc that care about me and my well being. I'm thankful that the biggest thing in my life isn't a product launch event.

Having said that, what is the harm with someone having a bit of fun? Getting excited? Waiting in line for hours or even days? Does it hurt anyone? yes? no? I'm going to go with no. And I'm getting an iPad. It might not be later today but most likely, it'll be later today. I will come back to my house, snuggle my cats, dogs, husband, email some friends/family, facebook with some friends/family and life will continue on. I will also be looking to donate to some charities that will help recent tsunami victims because I'm thankful for what I have and hope that I can help in any little way possible.

18. SSpiro macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

I don't know that its a "got to have it first" thing. It's a culture.

For me, it's.. being too impatient to wait for Apple to ship it from CA. Given their 3-5 business day lead time to ship, plus 7 days to Florida, i'll go wait in line so I don't have to wait 2-3 weeks.