Wow snappy is the best cydia app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Che Castro, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

It opens much faster than the reg camera app
    I don't have any free statusbar moves available so I had to use the home button

It's only 1.99

Do u guys like snappy?

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

yes ive been using it since my 3gs.. only problem is when i have a bite sms text and i hit the status bar icon, snappy always opens :(

3. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

I bring up the Camera app with a status bar(right to left) swipe. Then use my volume up button as a shutter for the SnapTap app... I bought this before the Snappy update for IOS4.

This is why I went back to QuickReply(once the IOS4 upgrade was available) and uninstalled BiteSMS, it did the same thing when I'd try to use my volume buttons as a shutter for Camera/ SnapTap.

4. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

I love Snappy. I also use iDitDahText by the same developer. I actually know the dev.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I love snappy. Downloaded it when it became compatible with iOS4. Love how it works from any screen and loads in a second.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

I should have done this before but I fixed my bite SMS and snappy problem by assigning snappy to open when I swipe down. Bite and snappy now play along :)

7. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Is there a way to turn off a "jester/ button press" for BiteSMS. I just wanted to replace the "Messages" icon on my dock and launch it from there... I could never find that in the settings so I went back to QuickReply.

8. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I love snappy I bought it like a week after it was first released back in the day. I tried it on my iPhone 4 and removed it only because you can't view your album yet. As soon as he updates it to fix that I'll install it again.

9. bmms8 macrumors 68020

im sorry i am not to sure what you are specifically asking but what i did was put bite in my dock and hide the messages app. in bite settings i set it as the default app. i hope this helps.. but if it doesnt please clarify

10. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

When I'd press the volume button to take a pic(use it as a camera shutter button) "Tap screen to open BiteSMS" would be displayed on my screen? In other words the camera shutter button(function) wouldn't work.

11. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i would reinstall if i were you.. when in snappy i use the volume button and i do not get this message. good luck

12. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

OK, thanks... I'll try it again...

13. Gavernty macrumors 6502

enable use libactivator in bitesms settings... then assign bitesms quick compose to something other than volume

14. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Well do, thanks!

15. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I get that same message but the volume button still works to take a picture. It's kind of annoying that the message is on the screen when you take a picture but I don't really want to change the gesture I use for quick compose. Maybe one or both programs need to be updated so that the qc gesture can't be used when snappy is launched.

16. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

I think that could have been the problem... I had other issues with BiteSMS so I removed it... I only installed because at the time QuickReply(I used this before updating to IOS4) wasn't available for IOS4. I'm happy with QR for now, it doesn't seem to interfere with other apps the way BiteSMS did.... And of course the shutter(volume) button works.

17. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

I reinstalled BiteSMS.... It worked fine with SnapTap.. Then I tried to reply to a message Facebook and the app would crash...After a few resprings and the same result I uninstall BiteSMS and Facebook started working again without crashing. There still seems to be an issue with BiteSMS and Facebook?

18. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i would make sure you insall beta 3 which is the latest beta.. bitesms.com forums has all the info you need, good luck

19. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Thanks for the tip...

20. mrpuffy macrumors newbie

Iv never heard of snappy, may have to check it out [​IMG]

21. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

The snaptap app is working with my normal camera but not with snappy...it has the ringer volume control (I disabled the bitesms part)

Any suggestions?

22. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Snappy 2.4 out now with album view. Works perfectly well! Check it out!

23. Jaaaaaamie macrumors newbie

Is that on 4.1? As dev said it was untested on 4.1.

Also what repo is it on, as only showing 2.2 on big boss.

24. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

new update

full support for 4.1

albulm view works

and faster app open