Wow......Steven Tyler....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hoosierxhoosier, May 26, 2011.

1. hoosierxhoosier macrumors newbie

Just watched him sing "Dream On" on idol. Was expecting his voice to not match his early years (like Robert Plant).

Completely blown away. Same old Steven still at 63. One of the greatest singers of all time. Makes me feel very happy for some reason.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Yes, he can sing... rock

But he has been truly painful to watch on Idol
    At least you could say Paula was drunk

3. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Some entertainers change on-stage into performers. Tyler stays that way all the time I think. :p

He is very talented, being able to sing without his voice being altered and all that. (I just wish he wouldn't slur his words so much.) And I think it's really saying something the way he and his crew have adapted to changing musical preferences through the years, while staying true to who they are. I hope Aerosmith will be around for a very long time. They are awesome in concert if you ever get to see them.

4. MissMegatron macrumors newbie

MissMegatron

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That comment was beautiful man.

6. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

You should have heard some of his other comments. :p

7. Surely Guest

Surely

That's a bit lot much.

Amazing performance by him though.....he's definitely still got it. Thanks for posting it.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

And he still can hit those high notes.

Its amazing that he still can really belt out those tunes and sound good. I mean go back to the super bowl with the who playing the half-time show. That was awful and embarrassing, but Tyler still has it.

Since I live in Boston, Aerosmith is revered here and to see them still going strong is awesome. I'm hoping they don't break up as they've had some inter-personal issues with Tyler.

9. robo macrumors 65816

robo

You would be surprised how much you could do with ProTools and AutoTune now a days.;)

10. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Melodyne can make me sound brilliant. :cool: :D

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I thought he sounded like crap, out of tune out of breath. Of course he always sounded like that.

12. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Tyler has been nothing if not consistent, even in the past when there were not so many sophisticated tools, his voice was just as it was last night. I can't say that it wasn't altered, but I don't believe it was.

Out of tune, sometimes; out of breath, no. He didn't disappoint his fans, that's for sure. And, those who don't like his sound had their opinions solidified. He was classic Steven Tyler.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I like Aerosmith but I thought he sounded like crap last night. His high notes sounded better than his mid range. His tempo was slow and his notes were slurred.

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Other than some of his notes being slightly slurred, he was great especially for 63. It was beautiful man, just beautiful.

I was also glad to see the old Aerosmith being played. Having been one of the kids that heard them after Toys in the Attic came out in the 70’s at a concert, I haven’t been that impressed with all the bubble gum music in the 90’s and 2000’s.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I thought he sounded pretty damn good and I've seen him live many times. I remember the bad days for Aerosmith when they were playing local rock clubs because Tyler was so strung out. You could see them for a $5 cover at a number of rock clubs.

@aggie, Toys in the Attic was an amazing album. In my top 10.

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I’m hoping I’m doing anywhere near as good as he’s doing when I’m 63, and I didn’t spend years of doing hard drugs. MacNut is a harsh critic. :)

Toys in the Attic is on my list of 3 records to have on a deserted island.

17. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I was at the American idol finale at Nokia last night, and Steven sounded pretty good live. However, live performances may sound better than it is... with the acoustics and the screaming fans. Hopefully I will get a chance to see the recorded version on TV sometime this week.

18. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I love that they have someone who has been performing great music for a long career as one of the judges. It makes his criticisms (such as they are) more meaningful.

Tyler's still got it. :cool:

19. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, I joke about his judging, but it's not like they have actually had any judges other than Simon. Tyler's great. If they can just get rid of Randy the poser now at least they'll have people worthy of giving criticism such as it is.

20. Internal Fury macrumors 6502

21. puma1552 macrumors 601

Sounds terrible as ever, and looks like a woman.

22. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

He hit the high notes which I didn't expect him to do but I wish he did a longer rendition of the song.

23. Internal Fury macrumors 6502

i hope you are trolling

24. hoosierxhoosier thread starter macrumors newbie

I know. They made him do it in very short time.

Steven said all season Aeromsith was going to be at the finale, but they weren't. They said the producers didnt ask them. Makes no sense to me. They said next season they will for sure be there.

25. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Maybe the toxic twins were not playing nice with each other. :p We will have to wait until next year.