Wow... talk about disturbing...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Scorch07, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

It's about 12:30a.m. local for me, and about 30 minutes ago some random lady drove up our driveway and was sort of wandering around our house. She didn't come up and ring the doorbell, but luckily I noticed her drive up and alerted everyone in the house. We went to the door and apparently scared her pretty good. She kinda made up a story about looking for relatives and couldn't even remember their names (who can't remember their own relative's names). So now my dad and I are all wound up and are just sitting up keeping guard. Very strange occurrence....

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Could also be suffering from dementia or something.

3. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Board up the doors and hunker down with a couple of M16's. You'll be alright. Got a week's worth of food?

4. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

My thoughts as well. If she's an elderly lady, maybe she has Alzheimer's.
    I'd like to know this as well. The older, the more likely she's suffering from the aforementioned problems.

6. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Two guys walked up our driveway and started to pull down their pants too pee in our flower bed (I hope). I opened the door which scared them off. The only disturbing part of all this was that it took place on Christmas morning. I hope your situation is as harmless as mine was.

7. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Or he could just lock the doors.

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I think you need to fix your sarcasm meter. ;) :)

9. Scorch07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha, I'd say she was in her 40s or 50s or so (to whoever asked that), but I'm not the best on gauging age. I too would like to think she was just drunk or demented or something. We're mainly scared by the fact that we live off away from anybody (not in a neighborhood) and she very well could have dropped somebody off if she (they?) actually was up to no good, so my dad and I are sitting up watching TV and he's got his handgun on the armrest of his chair haha, so we're not too far from the hunkering down with M16s.

And yes, all of our doors are locked.

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

11. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

^^^Well now that you explain it that way, I would be concerned too. Have you tried calling the sheriff?

12. Scorch07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it actually generally is one of the better areas around here. First time anything remotely like this has happened in almost 10 years of living here.

I keep telling my dad we ought to report it to the police but he just refuses to see the point in it.

13. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

We get frat boys pissing on our front yard (no specific reason, we are the last house on a dead end). Not that I've never done that but its still annoying as ****.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Thank Ronald Reagan for shutting down all the mental hospitals. Shame on you for not calling the local hospital. This woman probably has serious problems. Think outside your own world for one second maybe.

15. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

16. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

My friends had a middle-aged lady wander into their house while 4 kids were the only ones home. ...Just knocked on the door and decided to pop in for a minute to explore when no one answered. ...The Panic alarm scared her off.

Looking back on it, I assume she was meeting up with her friends and got the wrong house.

17. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

WOW, man. That is scary. Good thing you dad has a hand gun:D

18. Son of Matrix macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

Yeah you should call the hospital or the police. This ain't normal and she might need help...poor woman...

19. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

So long as they don't say "bbbbrrrrraaaaaiiiinnnns" you should be OK.

20. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Hehe, reminds me of one time, when I was in Barcelona at my uncle's. I had parked the car in the garage under the building, and took the direct lift from there to the apartment. When I arrived at my floor, and tried to insert the key in the keyhole, it wouldn't work... I noticed the door was open, so I pushed it, and I found myself in front of two beautiful russian (or it sounded like russian) ladies who were wondering who I was and why I was trying to get in their apartment. Turned out I just happened to get the wrong lift, and ended up in another (identical) staircase... Too bad they weren't naked... :eek:

It could be many things, my bet is, either she had a mental condition, or she had been given bad indications to get to a friend's house.

21. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

22. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

*cackle* ...and have blood seeping out of mouth and maybe the odd windpipe caught in her teeth =)

OK back to seriousness (is that even a word?) 40's kinda unheard of the have dementia then but not so in the 50's sadly. To me that is too young to have that but it happens. I'd prob say she was drunk though. Prob thought it was her house until you came out and startled her. Hmm, I didn't leave my flowers there and I could of sworn my door was red, hmm! :p

23. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You could easily take her down.

Yeah, or just scoping out the property to see how secure it is.

In that case, I'd rather have the cops around.

24. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

You can use this quiz to assess your chances of surviving the coming zombie invasion.

25. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Im not liking my chances..... :eek:

[​IMG]