Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
My father, 85 has macular degen. & glaucoma bought an iPad just so he could continue to read books. He tried all the ebook readers and decided the iPad was the easiest for him to read. He would say it is magical !
It never leaves his hands, he can read email, books, magazines, newspapers, zoom in on photos. Reading is the one thing he really enjoys and he almost lost the ability. His eye doctor is now recommending the iPad to patients that have similar problems.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Motorola Xoom and Blackberry Playbook = Magical also since they can zoom in too?

Yes, those two and the iPad + any other upcoming tablets with zoom are magical.

Nice story though, it's nice to see technology help people like this poor woman. It would absolutely suck being unable to read because of a problem like that. :(

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
My father, 85 has macular degen. & glaucoma bought an iPad just so he could continue to read books. He tried all the ebook readers and decided the iPad was the easiest for him to read. He would say it is magical !
It never leaves his hands, he can read email, books, magazines, newspapers, zoom in on photos. Reading is the one thing he really enjoys and he almost lost the ability. His eye doctor is now recommending the iPad to patients that have similar problems.

Actually, my dad does as well. I'm going to have him take a closer look at my iPad next time I see him.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
"A woman who's been legally blind for more than 30 years can now see thanks to a piece of technology."

So she's almost blind and "has not seen the children in 30 years" but by looking close at the screen she can see them.

A Miracle.:confused:

Perhaps they could of shown her a large photo of the kids instead?

Or she could have looked close at a monitor screen, or a laptop screen?

Ohh, we never thought about getting her to look at something close up before!

Wacky People!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.