Wow, talk about magical!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by phpmaven, May 5, 2011.

1. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

My father, 85 has macular degen. & glaucoma bought an iPad just so he could continue to read books. He tried all the ebook readers and decided the iPad was the easiest for him to read. He would say it is magical !
    It never leaves his hands, he can read email, books, magazines, newspapers, zoom in on photos. Reading is the one thing he really enjoys and he almost lost the ability. His eye doctor is now recommending the iPad to patients that have similar problems.

2. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Motorola Xoom and Blackberry Playbook = Magical also since they can zoom in too?

3. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Yes, those two and the iPad + any other upcoming tablets with zoom are magical.

Nice story though, it's nice to see technology help people like this poor woman. It would absolutely suck being unable to read because of a problem like that. :(

4. PCClone macrumors 6502a

If magical means a buggy half done POS with a couple apps, then yes, the Xoom and playbook are magical.

5. phpmaven thread starter macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Actually, my dad does as well. I'm going to have him take a closer look at my iPad next time I see him.

6. nosser macrumors regular

lol +1

7. Piggie, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011

Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

"A woman who's been legally blind for more than 30 years can now see thanks to a piece of technology."

So she's almost blind and "has not seen the children in 30 years" but by looking close at the screen she can see them.

A Miracle.:confused:

Perhaps they could of shown her a large photo of the kids instead?

Or she could have looked close at a monitor screen, or a laptop screen?

Ohh, we never thought about getting her to look at something close up before!

Wacky People!