Wow... Text messages and 2.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by milani, Nov 21, 2008.

1. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Ok so over the past few days my iPhone has been really unstable. It's been freezing up/crashing, the battery meter froze and my phone died without me knowing my battery was low. A lot of weird things have been happening like 3G calls have been all distorted and fuzzy - I videotaped it it was so weird, and I'm going to put it on YouTube soon.

My iPhone on many occasions has vibrated as if I have a text message when I have none. My friends iPhone actually started ringing one day from the home screen - yet no one was calling him. Often I have missed calls - yet my phone never rings and I just get a notification that I have a voice mail (and when I call the person back they say it was ringing on their end for 6 rings or whatever).

So basically my iPhone has been acting mega weird. As of the past couple of days I hadn't got any text messages from any of my friends. I just assumed everyone was busy (finals coming up and what not). Anyway, so I just updated to 2.2, and as soon as my phone restarted, I slid to unlock, and I got 25 text message pop ups in sequence one right after the other from the past couple of days...

2. diesel macrumors 6502a

Seems like you just needed to restart your phone. This happens to me once in a blue moon where it seems a lot of memory is taken up by something and calls don't get through but a restart fixes it.

3. milani thread starter macrumors 68000

milani

Restarted and reset my phone at least 10 times over the course of the week. I suspect it was a 3rd party application. I removed all the 3rd party apps minus Facebook, eBay, Wikiamo, Now Playing, Remote, and Score Mobile. I don't intend to download any new ones for a long time...

I was also getting abysmal battery life, like my battery would last for 2 hours sometimes and then would be dead. I have doubt something was amiss, but removing most of the 3rd party apps I had and then updating the firmware seems to have fixed everything... I hope.