Wow thanks apple for no service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ap105, Mar 17, 2011.

1. ap105 macrumors regular

So I went into my apple store to get my iPhone replaced since the batter life is starting to go bad. But apple genius says no nothing wrong, but I can replace the battery for you. So I said fine took them 20mins. So the new battery, I get home plug it in for a charge and I see a 'no service' on the top. So with that I did a network reset, a full restore but no fix. Called apple no help since it's hardware. So still I have No Service on my phone. Thanks apple! So pretty much I have a iPod touch currently since they probably messed something up while installing the new battery.

So what you guys think I should do? Ask for credit to AT&T account? Get a replacement phone?

2. seajay96 macrumors 6502

I have a few doubts concerning your story (why would they give you a battery with no charge? why would you not try the phone in the store to make sure it works? do they even change batteries at an Apple store?), but if what you are saying is entirely correct, just take the phone back to Apple and I'm sure they will take care of you.

3. nukem170 macrumors member

LMAO. Since when does apple replaces batteries in their stores? What they do is take your phone and give you another. And even if they DID put a new battery, that new battery would have a charge to begin with so you should have been able to turn it on while you were still in the store. LOL. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. batman75 macrumors 6502

Actually they do replace batteries and screens in the store. What you are saying was true about 4 years ago, but about a couple of years ago they realized it made sense to replace batteries and screens.

5. ap105 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess the apple rep didn't wanna replace the phone. But they really did change the battery cost is like $80 but they said it's under warranty. And after they gave it to me they said it's not charged. so that's why I couldn't turn it on at the store. Had to wait till I got home and by then store was closing.

Yeah I also was surprised when the rep said we will replace the battery. Didn't thought they did that, but they also no give out refurbished phones they told me all the ones they swap out with are new.

6. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

So if I understand you correctly AT&T owes you a refund because apple messed up?

Next time my battery dies I am demanding a refund for services I couldn't use!!!!

7. elan123 macrumors 6502

this is fiction...

8. ap105 thread starter macrumors regular

Battery didn't die. The replacement battery apple put in was dead to began with. I get home charge it after a while, I see 'no service' on top. Wth? So I think apple messed something up while replacing changing batteries. My guess is the antenna.

With that why don't you think AT&T should credit me? Not that I care but would be nice to save some money. AT&T and apple are both "partners". So shouldn't apple do something on there end?

9. PaulyD macrumors 6502

Apple will do something if you take it back to them for them to fix it...

10. walie macrumors 6502a

i guess you didn't tip the apple geniuses then

11. Dreamo84 macrumors newbie

Could be an At&t problem, doesnt their service generally suck all the time anyways?

12. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

No point in bringing it up since it's in the past (but I'm going to lol) but you CAN get them to plug it in and test it with the power cable attached in store.

I've done this with my wife's phone. The guy plugged it in, waited for the screen to come up.

13. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

Seems really clear to me what you should do:

Take the phone back to the Apple store and ask them to fix the problem. If they can't fix it onsite while you wait, I'd want a loaner phone while it is being fixed. Apple broke it, so Apple needs to fix it.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They will just swap the phone probably.
    Go back to Apple.

15. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Arena sure you actually went to an Apple store? Short of replacing the back glass, no store would "repair" your phone in the way you described, their policy is to give you a replacement.

16. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I've had a screen replacement while I waited. Chances are they just replaced the back of the phone (for the OP) as they have replacement screens and backs in store. Other times they've just swapped it.

17. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Fake story is fake.

Apple always test iPhone with customers after repair / replacement.

Exactly.