Wow, the Touch scratches too easily.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheBonk, Oct 11, 2007.

1. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

I've had my Touch for a little less than a week. Most of the time it has been sitting on my desk until my case arrived. I only used it a few times holding it carefully by the sides. Today I noticed several deep scratches. Jeez, I wonder what this thing would look like if I put it in my pocket for a day. I wonder if air scratches it?

The new case I got is crap. It is the closest thing I could find to the sleeves Apple use to ship. I wish Apple would continue shipping those sleeves.

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Are you talking about the back of the iPod or the front? I can tell you that the glass front is NOT easy to scratch. I took keys to mine, and used it as a beer coaster and it came out just fine. As for the back, again, for deep scratches, it must have been something sharp. It doesn't scratch without coming into contact with something.

3. TheBonk thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBonk

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Have you ever owned an iPod before?

6. TheBonk thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Yes. I have a 1 1/2 year old Nano that is not nearly as scratched. The only visible scratch is from a coin that slipped into the Nano's case.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

All the chrome-backed iPods are notoriously scratch-magnetic. It's unfortunate, but it's been an issue since the very first iPod.

Personally, I'm just treating mine with kid gloves until I can get a decent case for it.

If it really bothers you, though, take a brillo pad to it and you can get a nice brushed-metal finish.