Wow, this is why i want to jump the ship to Android

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Pravda, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

3. rockitdog macrumors 68020

That seems cool. I wonder if it works if you have any kind of lock on device though, seems like you need to be able to use your device without entering a password or other security feature.

4. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

This is an interesting idea. I know some people who feel that a context sensitive phone that changes apps as you need them throughout the day is the way to go. In a way, it is like Google Now that tries to give you information that it thinks you need before you ask for it.

For me at least, I'm not so sure I want this. I have my home screens fairly well organised and I know where everything is. Pretty much all of the common things I need is on my centre screen or a swipe or two away. I don't know if I want my apps to move around the home/lock screen on its own throughout the day. It would mean that I have to look for my apps and widgets in different places if they don't all fit on one screen.

I use a security lock on my home screen anyway, so you don't see anything except for the time and notification indicator. I'll have to unlock my screen to be able to do anything useful.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just another launcher trying to distinguish itself from the cloud but didn't aviate get there before it? Either way, not interested in it personally.

6. kenknotts macrumors 6502

7. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

This is along the same lines as Aviate, but I personally like to control when and where my apps and info are. It's a cool option, just not for me.

8. macred macrumors regular

Other than a small cramped display, and my personal mistake of choosing to upgrade to iOS 7, I happen to like my iPhone 5.

Yet I'd be lying if I failed to admit my Galaxy Note 3 is faster, highly efficient, and so much more fun. It's this and many more reasons why I expect the Android platform to be my primary choice in smartphones for quite some time.

9. hbksabhi macrumors regular

as a android user , yes these things are amazing but big battery hogs !
    need more optimizations .......

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

11. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

I like to try these sorts of things out, but I uninstall them and go back to default after only a few minutes. Aviate and Themer were cute but at the end of the day none of these things made my phone any easier or more enjoyable to use.