Wow. This Kinda Sucks. Using Diskaid to Transfer Music from Iphone to Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VideoNewbie, May 25, 2010.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

i was tryign to use diskaid to transfer my music from iphone to mac i knew it would be too easy/good to be true...

here is what it looks like when i try to do it:

[​IMG]

it totally randomizes all of my music and playlists into random folders...thus if u have 1,000s of songs like i do its going to be a b*tch to have to sit through all of them and organize them

is there a better alternative to diskaid?

2. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

iTunes? Why are you using diskaid if you don't mind me asking.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You do realize that all the metadata is still there?

Just copy the files to your HD, turn automatic organization on in iTunes, and load them all into your library. It will copy the files into your iTunes library folder and organize them by artist and album, as well as rename the files for you.

4. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

okay thanks. and how do i turn "automatic organization" on in itunes?

5. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Go to preferences and select Let iTunes organize my music or something like that.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

It's iTunes -> Preferences... -> Advanced -> "Keep iTunes Media folder organized".

You'll also want to check "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library".

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

8. Seinfeld macrumors newbie

DiskAid by digidna.net sucks - Has bugs

Nov 2010 : DiskAid 4.11 has some serious bugs.

I was in the process of RENAMING a FILE (an MP3). As I was typing the new name, I wanted to remove an extra character .. so I pressed DELETE on the keyboard. DiskAid then RENAMED the entire FOLDER (where the file being renamed resided) which resulted in the folder's new name being the SAME as the file I was trying to rename (the partial name at the moment I pressed delete key).

After I realized what happened - a major screw-up by Digidna.net), I renamed the folder back to its original name. When I opened the folder this time, the file I was trying to rename was DELETED! How did this happen?!

And there's NO "are you sure" confirmation prompt .. NOR an undo function!!

I am very dismayed. What, if any, type of QA (quality assurance) testing is the developer performing before this stuff is released to the public? This mistakes / bugs are costly to us consumers.