WowCases.com - iP4 Luminosity Series

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bawstun, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

2. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Did a search, nothing came up. Did another search, and I found an existing thread.

*facepalm* Maybe I searched the wrong forum initially...sorry mods. Merge? Delete? :(

3. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

4. ldkaplan macrumors regular

ldkaplan

I saw quite a few of these on ebay when I was searching yesterday. I think they were $3 or $4 with shipping.

Here's an example.

Of course, they are coming from china so no telling how long it will take to arrive.

The vendor I linked has a 5pack.

5. jhkaplan macrumors regular

Please post your thoughts/review on these once you receive them. I actually like the look of the red and green one, more for looks than protection obviously.

However, it looks like there could easily be flash problems with this flash cutout.

6. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

I received confirmation 2 days ago that my order has shipped. I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Ordered the red.

7. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

I'm with jhkaplan on the possible flash problem.

8. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Eh, as long as regular photos come out unaffected I'm kinda fine with it. The case I have right now washes out pictures with a flash but I really don't take any low-light or nighttime pictures anyway.

9. jhkaplan macrumors regular

I really like the look of the red back on the white phone. Kind of wish i waited for the white now, but I just hate the all white w/ white front. Anyway, very interested to hear your report back!

10. xraytech macrumors 68020

Nice cases but there's one thing that is a deal breaker. The Cut-Out for the LED Flash.

11. jhkaplan macrumors regular

I wish the eBay seller had the same colors; they didnt seem to have a red or other colors I wanted. Otherwise, they look absolutely the same.

12. jhkaplan macrumors regular

NM, just saw that the eBay seller posted the dark red one. Bought one, we'll see how it is!

13. Raziel66 macrumors newbie

14. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

They have blue on eBay, I think... and also at sw-box.com.

I have this in red, and it's definitely a nice case, but forget about using the flash with it.

15. bmms8 macrumors 68020

16. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Still waiting! But I've tracked it through the USPS and as of 7/19 it was in New York "preparing shipment"

I guess maybe that's where anything overseas comes in? 'Cause I'm in Massachusetts...

Should be sometime soon now...the wait is killing me.

17. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

that's what I thought so too, I was going to get one but it looks thick and it looks like you may have some issues with the camera, I'm glad I didn't get one.

18. jhkaplan macrumors regular

I just received mine yesterday. First, it definitely doesn't work with the flash. I might use the flash 1x in 10,000 pictures though, so if I need it, i'll just take the case off.

The case is great. Doesn't offer too much protection, but I think it will definitely protect the sides and back in the event of a drop. Not much though, but this case isn't really designed for super protection.

The important thing for me about this case is it's super slim, doesn't add much bulk (even less than the bumper) and it looks awesome. I can't wait to get my red one in.

19. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

I didn't buy from this seller, but I bought a couple of this style from eBay.

A red one initially, and now, seeing as I'll be getting a black phone, a white case as well. :)

I don't expect much drop protection from a hard case in general, but simply for cosmetic purposes and perhaps protecting the back glass from scratches. (Although I intend to have a protector on the back also; these cases are pretty cheap after all.)

20. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

Mine delivered today!

I've already tried a few cases (Apple Bumper, Incipio Feather, Switcheasy Nude), but i have to say...i like this one the best! And i only paid $3.99 after shipping! It's sleek, and being black, you can hardly tell there is a case at all!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Looks pretty nice. Do you have a link to the seller?

22. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

His name is eshop007. I don't have the link handy, as I'm on my iPhone.

23. Bawstun thread starter macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Jealous!! Gah...I REALLY should have ordered from a US seller...I ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago now and it's still in transit. Plus seeing all these great pictures I know I'm gonna want a white one, a blue one...damn! LOL.

24. hidefguy macrumors 6502

I also bought one of these from a us seller on eBay. Did not want to wait 3 weeks to receive it. Anyways I'm liking this case, it's not too bulky, and it's a pretty sweet looking case. It does affect the flash, but the black sharpie trick definetely fixes the flash issue. This case should hold me over till my vapor case arrives