Wowsers!! Playstation Plus content this month!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Jun 7, 2012.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

In case you are not already a subscriber to PS+ on PS3 - this month is a great time to join.

Europe gets FULL versions of...

Virtual Fighter 5 : Final Showdown
    Warhammer 40,000 : Space Marine
    Chime Super Deluxe
    Darksiders
    Outland
    Oddworld : Strangers Wrath HD
    Infamous 2
    Motorstorm Apocalypse
    Little Big Planet 2

US gets

Virtual Fighter 5
    Infamous 2
    Little Big Planet 2
    Ratchet & Clank : All 4 One
    Saints Row 2
    Warhammer 40,000 : Space Marine
    Just Cause 2
    Lara Croft : Guardian of Light
    Sideway
    Choplifter HD
    Zombie Apocalypse

Either way your Data Caps are going to take a hammering this month. Though remember you can always click download to make that item go into your purchased items list so you can download later.

If you already subscribe, if you leave it till July and you'll miss out, but by doing the above you can download anytime :)

€50|$50 Never seemed such a good steal for that amount of content... Just wish I hadn't bought a few of those games earlier for full whack... :)

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm putting serious thought into signing up.

I love the idea of cloud saves, but I'd also rather "own" my downloads so most of the value of Plus would be lost on me.

Maybe perhaps.

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Downloaded them all save Saints Row (already have 3) and Ratchet. Left it downloading overnight. <3 plus

4. MRU, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

The price/ savings benefit over the owning them/ps+ argument wins out for me. Plus your only ever going to have them whilst you have a PS so chances are once you are a PS+ member / ps3 owner you will continue to be so, downloadable titles aren't the same as physically owned copies.

When I decide to sell or trade in my hardware; I can't get back any $$ money for the games that I bought via download, so the $50 for literally $hundreds worth of downloads makes far better financial sense than paying $hundreds for games I can never sell or trade on later.

5. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Of course, Sony decides to push all this out right before my subscription is over. Thanks a lot Sony. :p

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yup signed up.

Already filled my HDD with the current freebies :).

7. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Show off. :p

I remember a time hen your Internet connection would have taken at least 3 weeks to download them All ;) :) :D

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

From 2002 to 2010; 512kbps with connection cut outs every 2 minutes.
    2010-A few months ago; 10mbps with connection cut outs every 2 minutes.
    2012- 60mbps, no cut outs :)

Massively thankful for no bandwidth caps too ;).

9. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just rubbing it in now ;)

[​IMG]

Irish broadband speeds by comparison..... ;)

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well, y'know.
    [​IMG]

PSN downloads are massively slow though. Even wired to the router I only top out at 2mbps. It's good enough for patches and such, but I need to use the Auto system-off when it comes to downloading games. Playstation Plus' auto patch downloader will save a bit of time :).

11. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah it is actually one of the best features tbh. That way you don't notice how slow it is to just get on and game. Nothing worse that having to wait 40 minutes for a patch before you can even start a game....

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yeah, yesterday I was playing a local 3 player game on LBP2. Got a tweet from a friend "I'm coming!", but had to update it. 15 mins later he managed to join, and that's on a similar connection to mine!

I was really hoping the Vita would have a similar auto-update system too. It should pretty much be the standard now.

13. sparkygr macrumors newbie

Is anybody interested?

Well, after more than 6 months having my PS3 gathering dust on the shelf, I bought a 12 month PSN+ redeem code from bestbuy.com (via e-mail delivery). BUT the showstopper is that I am located in Europe :eek: so I cannot use the code for myself.
    As this forum is the community I trust most, is there anyone that could be interested for my code, at a reduced price (cost me, I can give it away for $42, transfer by paypal, commission payed by me).

14. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

I saw the goodies that PSN+ were giving out :), not bad I grabbed Infamous 2
    Motorstorm Apocalypse and need to make space for Little Big Planet 2. The question is what do I delete Tomb Raider: Underworld or Resident Evil: Code X:confused:

15. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Is it $50? And if I don't renew, do I get to keep the content I downloaded while a subscriber? Just got my ps3 today :)

16. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

20$ reoccurring for 3 months or 50$ for 1 year reoccurring. If you don't renew then you can't use the PS+ content (items bought for a discount can still be used, however).

17. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep exactly.

If you paid 'anything' even it is was just a $1 then you get to keep that content after your subscription expires.

However the free content is only applicable whilst you are a PS+ subscriber.

However the chances are when they give so much free content (i've got sooo much stuff since PS+ was first setup) you are likely to remain a subscriber whilst you have your PS3, so you will always have your content.