Woz goes to Googleplex, leaves w/ Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by uRabbit, Nov 18, 2011.

1. uRabbit macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog/2011/11/steve-wozniak-pays-a-visit-to-the-googleplex-leaves-with-a-samsung-galaxy-nexus/

Okay, so, it's not really a surprise. I'm sure he's an Android guy. But, man! Ouch. Haha

2. Skika macrumors 68030

3. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

He's not an "Android guy," but I'm sure he alternates between phones (iPhones, latest Android phones or possibly only Nexus devices.)

4. interrobang macrumors 6502

He's said that he carries something like four different phones, including iPhones. He's a gadget geek.

As an aside, early reports on the Galaxy Nexus and its version of Android are very positive. Hooray for competition.

5. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I've read before that he always buys the latest and greatest just to try it out and see how it works.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I wonder how all those who called for Woz to take a more active role in Apple feel about this. :D

7. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Hell, he has said that he carries 3-4 phones already, doesn't surprise me at all. He also jailbreaks his iPhones. (And buys multiple iPhones of each generation, just to have spares.)

8. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Real nerds love playing with toys and don't really care what the brand is.

9. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Exactly. I'd love to be able to afford some extra Android and WP7 phones, to try out and experiment with.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

He also joins the queue on release dates (e.g. 1st day of iPhone 3Gs launch, 4 launch, etc) with the rest of the plebes. He even does so for Apple stuff because he feels it's part of the process of being, and staying, a tech nerd.

Then again, he'll then phone up companies like Apple and just ask them to send him like 2-3 more, just in case.

11. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

He makes more money than most people from his Apple residuals while sitting around doing nothing. If I were a gadget geek like him and had that a steady stream of money coming in, I'd probably do the same thing. Rich people don't have to make as many choices as common folk.