Woz is bullish on Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rogifan, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

From an interview with the BBC. He gets quite animated about Watch. I'm a little surprised as Woz isn't what you'd call a typical Apple fanboy.

He uses the word fun in this interview. Perhaps one way Apple will pitch Watch is that it's more fun to use than other devices that are a bit more utilitarian?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31463351

2. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

There is so much obsession with 'fanboy'... just because someone is excited about a product from some company does NOT make them a fanboy. It can simply be that they're excited about this one product.

I'm excited about Microsoft's HoloLens. I don't like any other Microsoft product besides that, but I'm still allowed to get super excited about the HoloLens. It doesn't imply anything about being a fanboy or not.

3. Tycho24 macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Lol, +1 the moratorium on the "f word"!!!!

Edit: oh, and thx to OP for sharing this interview!

4. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Ok maybe that was the wrong word to use. What I meant is he's not someone that those who dislike Apple could claim is just being a fanboy.

5. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Woz is a "fanboy" of all new technology. He was an early adopter of Prius, and now tweets about his Tesla all the time. If you've ever seen him in person, he has multiple phones, some Android, some Apple. Looks like a pudgy Batman. ;)

The watch is something new so he is excited. If you read the New Yorker article about Jony Ive, it mentions Woz being at the iPhone 6/watch event last year.

6. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07