Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shahrezsyed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Stony Brook, New York
Hi guys,

My iPhone 5S accidentally took a dip in the pool with me and now I'm smartphone-less. I'm moving to the US this fall for college so I'm planning to get the iPhone 6 on contract then. Till that time, I want to get a WP8 or Android phone since iPhones as very, very expensive in my side of the world.
For an iOS user, which OS would you recommend? And possibly, could y'all even recommend mid-range phones?

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Hi guys,

My iPhone 5S accidentally took a dip in the pool with me and now I'm smartphone-less. I'm moving to the US this fall for college so I'm planning to get the iPhone 6 on contract then. Till that time, I want to get a WP8 or Android phone since iPhones as very, very expensive in my side of the world.
For an iOS user, which OS would you recommend? And possibly, could y'all even recommend mid-range phones?

Lumia 520 is going for around $50 here in the States and can run WP 8.1. As a stop gap measure, this is hard to beat. Next best option would be the Moto E, Moto G or the Lumia 630, as all threee should be fairly inexpensive in your part of the world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.