WPA2 - Enterprise?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aft, Dec 21, 2007.

1. aft macrumors regular

My work upgraded their wireless security to WPA2 Enterprise, I have read in other places online that this is not supported on the iPod touch. So my question is for the people who know about wi-fi security protocols. How major of a firmware updade is adding WPA2 Enterprise and do you think Apple will ever release an update for the touch/iPhone or am I now screwed.

Ironic story, 2 months after I bought my PPC-6700 my work upgraded the security to WPA2-PSK which my device could not and will never handle. Now 2 months after owning my iPod touch they do the same thing. I wish security was such a big deal around my work.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't know what to tell you that will be positive, but you may wish to consider in your calculation that (1) AFAIK, the iPhone, which has been out quite a while longer than the iPod Touch, also does not support WPA Enterprise (1 or 2), and (2) Apple has had the codebase for Enterprise for what... well over four years, as WPA Enterprise has been supported on Macs for years, and WPA2 Enterprise has been supported essentially since it became available.

So I would suspect that they do not particularly plan to go and implement this in the near future... sorry. :(