WPA2 personal wifi problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by $!NGH, Jun 15, 2009.

1. $!NGH macrumors newbie

myimternet secerity is wpa2 personal and it wont let me join with my ipod touch 8gb

2. Impulse29 macrumors member

what kind of router are you using? How long has this problem been happening? Can you connect to the router with another iPod touch or another computer? Are you using MAC filtering? Have you tried restarting either device? Any other configuration settings? How far are you from the router?

Please include any relevant informations to help us troubleshoot.

3. $!NGH thread starter macrumors newbie

i ve linksys
    and it has happened since igot it

my psp dosnt cconnect either
    and im in the next room

btw- isrry it took so long to reply

4. celticpride678

Go into 192.168.1.1 on a web browser and type in your username and password. By default, it is admin for both

Then select Wireless, select Manual under Wireless Configuration and then under Network Mode, make sure it says mixed.

5. jay1118 macrumors member

jay1118

I have the same problem as the OP. I have a linsys router and when i set a password on the internet connection it wont let me join.

Any tips?

6. izibo macrumors 6502

I'm using a WRT310N with no problems. WPA2-PSK AES - I've used both the original stock firmware and now using DD-WRT

7. showhiddenicons macrumors newbie

same problem solved

Hey I just got a the WRT54G2 Linksys router yesterday and was having the same problem with my ipod touch being unable to connect. It didn't even give me the option to enter my wireless password. I logged into the router and messed with the settings and finally fixed it by going to the wireless tab and changing the wireless configuration from Wi-Fi Protected Setup to Manual. Hope this works for you too.