Wrapsol 50% off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigHerky, Jul 3, 2012.

1. BigHerky macrumors newbie

Everything on wrapsol's site is 50% off using promo code "fireworks". I got one for my rMBP and it's great. Relatively easy to install and very high quality.

2. mat25 macrumors regular

mat25

Thanks for the heads up! How are you liking it? Are there cut outs for the screws on the bottom plate?

3. medulla macrumors regular

I tried and tried but eventually gave up due to the difficulty. Applying it wasn't that bad comparatively to positioning it. I didn't think it was cut out spot on and in every piece it would be excess on one side. Not to mention it was a good quality protector..

4. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I watched a video on youtube and had saw the lady spraying all over her laptop, hands and the film just to apply it. Way too much work. Just get a hard shell.

I did want to get one for my iPhone however the shipping was a bit much. 8.00 I think.

5. junebug1 macrumors regular

I almost purchased the rMBP kit last night and decided to hold off. Extremely happy to pick it up at 50% off. Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

6. recharge23 macrumors regular

7. BigHerky thread starter macrumors newbie

There are not screw cutouts on the bottom, so make sure you do any upgrades before you apply the film. They do have a very good warranty so if you mess it up or need to take it off to open the computer they will replace it for you.

If you take your time the application process isn't that bad. It took me about 30 minute being very careful. The cutouts are pretty good and you can't really tell that its on.

8. axlvtt macrumors member

The full body protection bundle is $49.95, but that fireworks coupon reduces that down to $24.97. Sounds like an awesome deal, but with the coupon you lose the free shipping so it's + 7.95 bucks for a total of $32.92. Still a good deal I suppose, but you'd be saving $17, which is like 34% off rather than 50%.

9. mat25 macrumors regular

mat25

My main concern at this point is the wet application. Im scared of getting moisture inside the machine. Any comments or experiences?

10. mdapple macrumors regular

Does the front and back package 44.95 include the palm rest skin?

11. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

The $7.95 shipping kills it for me on the iPad one.

12. LEARN2MAKE macrumors member

LEARN2MAKE

I was on the fence but at such a deal I thought I'd go for it. I like the wrapsol on my iPad 2. Since I am getting the MBPr on Friday and am thinking of getting the New iPad in the next few weeks, I just got the wraps for both and avoided shipping. Was $45 out the door for the full wraps for each.

No, you have to select the "protection bundle (full body (wet) + grip pad (large))" in the drop down, but it is only $5 more ($2.50 with the discount today). I am not sure I'll put the trackpad piece on but figured I'd try out the wrist rest part to see if I like it since it wasn't that much more.

13. Shaunyac macrumors regular

Shaunyac

$48 shipping to the UK :( May aswell just buy it from a re-seller over here

14. mdapple macrumors regular

you sure? The picture is misleading then when I select the 44.95 option. Can someone who has actually ordered the 44.95 option confirm if the palm guard is included or not?

15. LEARN2MAKE macrumors member

LEARN2MAKE

It looks to be a new product so they don't have the pictures correct. Probably not many people have bought it and received it already so you may be out of luck there. If the $44.95 option included the grip pad it would say. You can always order it and take a screenshot of the picture and then complain. They may send you grip pad. For a few bucks more though, I'd just order the 3rd option. Good Luck

16. treminaor macrumors member

Obviously it's new since it's for a laptop that's less than a month old. I ordered the $44.99 one... The extra $5 appears to be for their grip pad...

The $44 one has a picture of the palm rest cover, so if I don't get one than I should easily be able to get one from Wrapsol either for free or at a discount since their picture is misleading.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/6871/screenshot20120704at905.png is my proof

17. LEARN2MAKE macrumors member

LEARN2MAKE

Yes, I think you are right, my bad. I got confused between wrist pad and grip pad. I wonder what the grip pad is and if it will actually be useful for anything. At least it was only $2.50 with the sale....

18. stormdanny macrumors newbie

Dont you think it look ugly to have wrist pad separated on left and right? I prefer to have a single piece palm protection that cover right across.

19. boto macrumors 6502

boto

The palm rest wrap skin is one piece. I have it on my rMBP to confirm this.

20. double329 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't deal with this company. They have really bad service. If you get what you ordered, you might be okay. But, when you didn't or need service; that is when thing go south. I still don't get what I ordered from them after so many emails. No live person when called. STAY AWAY!!!