Wrapsol Application With Bumpers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thehopscotch, Jul 7, 2010.

1. thehopscotch macrumors regular

thehopscotch

I just received my Wrapsol Ultra replacement today and plan to apply it this evening.

What is the consensus on applying the Wrapsol Ultra when planning to use it with a Bumper? Is it best to apply the skin and immediately place the bumper on (while working the skin inside the bumper) or is it best to allow the skin to "cure" prior to replacing the bumper?

Just trying to figure out the best method to prevent the screen from peeling around the edges.

(For the record, I won't be applying the sides...just the front/back)

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Don't apply the sides (well you said it already, just want to reiterate) since it won't fit well with the bumper if you apply skins for the side.

And most importantly, you need to wait at least 48hrs (well to my experience that is) so that the skin is fully cured BEFORE even putting on the bumper, else it will just lift your skin and ruin your application if it hasn't fully cured yet.

3. thehopscotch thread starter macrumors regular

thehopscotch

Ok, thanks! I had read previously where someone had mentioned applying the bumper immediately after the skin and working the skin around the bumper. I tried that method on my first imperfect skin (just to get the hang of it) and I definitely have some lifting around the edges.

Will try your method this next time around!

4. coolnwo macrumors member

I waited about 3 days before putting Bumper on (White). I have the side pieaces and it fits perfect. You might have to help guide the edges around so it goes over all the edge pieaces.

5. hidefguy macrumors 6502

Definately wait a couple of days, I waited 24hrs before installing bumper and it still lifts.

6. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I am probably the poster you are referring to who put their bumper on right after application of the film. I did this just to try to line things up as best I could. Then I took the bumper back off again to let things dry. While this method did seem to help, it was not perfect. I still do get a couple of spots that lift up every now and then.

The strange thing is, that the film itself still seems to move around a bit on the phone. This is after being on for almost one week, so it has had plenty of time to "cure". I have noticed this the most on the back piece (which I only have this on as I am waiting for my replacement) around the camera hole. Now it is kinda smashed over on one side and was even covering up part of the metal ring around the lens. When I first put it on, it was perfectly lined up. :confused:

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Really? Some people are saying it makes their "loose" bumper feel more secure with a film on.

8. fastd macrumors member

why would the ultra have to cure, as its a dry install???