Wrapsol + Hard Case rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lazer155, Jul 30, 2012.

1. lazer155, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

lazer155 macrumors regular

I'm planning on getting a wrapsol skin to cover my rMBP that is on the way. I also want a hard shell to put over it possibly from speck once they come out later in August. Can you fit a hard shell over a rMBP or cMBP that has a wrapsol skin?

2. lazer155 thread starter macrumors regular

Nobody knows? What about any shell fitting any brand of skin? Does anyone have both a skin and a hard shell on their MBP (doesn't have to be retina)? Does it fit okay inside the hard shell?

3. pacman7331 macrumors regular

pacman7331

4. lazer155 thread starter macrumors regular

Is that skin very sticky or tacky? I was looking for one that wasn't very grippy which is why I was leaning towards the wrapsol.

Can you remove your mbp from the case without the skin peeling up?

EDIT:

No I meant this when I said skin:

http://www.wrapsol.com/en_US/Home+Page/Products/notebooks+_+netbooks.aspx

It's like a sticker. It isn't a hard case or foam.

By hard shell/case I meant this:

http://www.incipio.com/MacBook-Pro-...o-15in-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp

Sorry should have been more clear about what I was trying to find. Basically I'm worried about the skin peeling up or not fitting in the hard shell. I've had that happen with my ipod touch before. The skins on those add just enough thickness to make it to big to have a hard shell around it. So I had to choose one or he other. I'm wondering if the same thing happens with macbook pros

5. spdntrxi macrumors regular

There are like 2-3 threads like this... Yes it works
    I'm using a Kuzy hard shell with a wrapsol.