Wrapsol installation question

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sixxmum, Dec 30, 2010.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I installed the Wrapsol on my MBA 11 today. It went ok, though there was some sticky white stuff on part of the top skin that I had to try to clean off (almost like paper stuck to the sticky side), and I wasn't really misting well enough at first. It's been done about 6 hours and there are still some areas of the top that, when looking at them from any angle, look like smudges or oil spots - if that makes sense. Are these just areas that are still wet underneath? Or are they a problem with the install or the wrap?

2. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Those occur because there is uneveness underneathe. I Had that issue with a macbook pro that i didn't squeegie completely, so there were some spaces that were extra dry and some spaces that had adequate water.

3. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Ah. So, will they go away as it dries out or is there a fix or did you just have to live with them?

4. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Just got to live with them unfortunately/

5. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Bummer. I can't afford to buy another Wrapsol right now, so I'll just have to suck it up. I guess if it gets to annoying, I can just un-Wrap :)

6. Ann P macrumors 68020

You can actually lift the part up and re-mist. Hopefully they are close to the outer edges. Just be real careful and try not to stretch it out too much.

7. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

It's been on for 6 hours... so pretty much dry. I just applied mine to my macbook air this morning. And it is pretty much set on. I think if you pull it off at that point, there is going to be stretching =/

8. Cerano macrumors 6502

arent you entitled to replacements due to the warranty?

9. jksu macrumors regular

if you screw up the install, just take a picture and go to the warranty page and they'll send you a new one -- you just pay for shipping.

love my wrapsol. needed a new one when my 1st mba11 needed replacing but i had already wrapsol'd it. re-using the skin is next to impossible.

10. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I didn't think the warranty applied to install screw ups. It looks quite a bit better this morning - only one weird spot that is smaller, so I"ll see if it continues to improve and go from there. Thanks for all the help and advice!