Wrapsol iPhone 4 Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by webjeff, Jun 27, 2010.

1. webjeff macrumors member

Hi,

Yesterday I received the Wrapsol screen protector. I put it on my phone and noticed lots of little bubbles. I tried to remove as many as I could, but read that after 24 hours they should be gone completely.

It's been 24 hours and I still see just a couple bubbles left. One bubble in particular on the front I noticed has a small black dust particle in there, which totally sucks!

So, Now that's it been 24 hours, am I still able to take it off and re-apply it? Or is it too late?

If so, I'll just order another one, but I don't want to waste money if I can take it off and put it back on.

Thoughts?!?!

This is my first wrapsol experience and it was a bit harder than they seem to suggest it is. I had previously used the Apple screen protectors and they always went on with a breeze. I'm still 50/50 on these.

Thanks
    Jeff.

2. ooo macrumors 6502

Was it a dry or a wet application? Ehh, was it the regular or ultra? My guess is that you purchased the regular, if so, no you can't remove it and try again. Once you take it off, it won't stick anymore. Personally, I don't mind the little dust particles. Sure it doesn't look perfect, but I can live with it. I figure use it for a year then purchase a new one for the second year of the contract. That way at least it wouldn't have been a complete waste.

3. JackSpearo macrumors regular

webjeff

I had a film like wrapsol on my iphone 3g (wasn't the same brand, but heck they are basically the same thing)

anyways, it took like 2-3 weeks for the bubble to come out (it was a huge bubble)

just massage it every day for awhile (get your heads out of the gutter)

and just have patience, it will come out, just you watch ;-)!

4. webjeff thread starter macrumors member

Sorry,

I forgot to mention it was for the Ultra version (dry). I could not trust myself to use any liquid on this device myself unless I was ready to buy a new one if **** went went.

Crap, I went to best buy to get some screen protectors and they are wet installs... what the crap is that, that was the fastest 50 bucks I ever blown (I bought two incase this happened again).

Ugh, I almost spent as much as the phone on crap accessories. I'll just order another wrapsol and try it again.

J.

5. greekpaz22 macrumors regular

If you are using the ultra, just lift it off, use scotch tape to remove the dust and reapply..and be careful..don't waste money on any more of these, you can still salvage the one you have

6. webjeff thread starter macrumors member

I tried to remove it and remove the black spot on the protector, but it won't come off. I tried tape, I tried my finger. It seems stuck. Eh, screw it!

I just ordered 2 more from wrap (two so I dont have to wait a ***** week incase another one is messed up). So far I'm out about $150 from just screen protectors alone!!! I should be getting a case and will be nearing 200 on ***** accessories.

Apple just needs to make their own and be done with it.

J.

7. herdinoh macrumors regular

why you do this? Wrap has life warranty. if you are not satisfied just send it back and they will replace it with a new one. I dont understand why you r wasting your money.