Wrapsol IPhone 5 issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Chasedabigbase, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Chasedabigbase macrumors newbie

Hello I just received my Wrapsol Full Body today, yet i am already seeing issues. The front cut over the camera and earpiece needs to be moved all the way over nearly under the screen to properly cover the front. Thankfully it came out well.

However real issue came when placing the back on, first off the cut is horrible, you can see for yourself when i put the pictures on, and the secondary screen, (the one you peel off after placing the screen on and flattening then removing) was already loose and not attached to the primary screen, so i just had to hold it over the primary screen while smoothing, and now there are white marks galour.

Finally there are NO instruction on how to install the side screens for my phone so I havent been able to put those on because I don't know which goes where.

Just wanted to see what you opinions are of what my best options are, thank you.

Here are the pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/88856546@N03/

2. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Unfortunately, the Wrapsol cover for iPhone 5 I just received has the same problems as the others reported in this thread. The cutouts are just not exact enough. The front cover camera/earpiece cutouts are off quite drastically (like the poster above mentioned) and the back doesn't fully cover the length of the phone and the side strips have no cutouts whatsoever...

All in all, the entire fit is way off and I spent over an hour of my time trying to make it fit. I cannot believe that after this much time, they are STILL shipping product that does not fit the iPhone 5. I'm not a happy camper here and this is going back tomorrow.
    I've used and liked the Wrapsol covers for my MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, but this product for iPhone 5 is just terrible. I'll not buy another Wrapsol product.

3. Chasedabigbase thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah this is indeed incredibly lame, especially seeing as a majority of those threads are from September yet the cut is still exactly as bad... Well in that case what options are there for a full body + sides screen if this one still isn't being fixed? The material feels great but the cuts are making my head explode!!

4. Wrapsol macrumors newbie

Chasedabigbase + Ronnoco,

Thank you both for posting up about this potential issue. Could each of you please PM us so we can learn a little more about how the product came to you (as we are always looking for more information about the flow of defective products in an effort to curb such), and so that we can arrange to have new product sent to you directly from us immediately.

Thank you!

5. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

There are a ton of full body kits, but the most popular are the Spigen IncredibleShield
    [​IMG]

and the ArmorSuit
    [​IMG]

6. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

Or you can just acknowledge that you guys didn't bother to fix the product. :rolleyes:

7. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

PM sent...I look forward to hearing from you.

8. Chasedabigbase, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012

Chasedabigbase thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I will be sending one shortly as well.

edit; have to wait a few hours because apparently you have to be a user for a full day

9. imazu macrumors regular

I just received my long processing order. Alas! but sadly the cut at the back like the other mentioned is tad short that is pretty obvious. I don't intend to use the front cause I am using the Glas.TR anyway. But I can't use the back either.
    Other than this product I love it on my MBP and iPad.

10. dellAbait macrumors member

eww... rip it off and throw it in the garbage